Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in essence continue along the same path weve seen for the last 4 windows really? Smart business, looking to sell the odd player at the right price, and reasonable if not extraordinary money spent on players?

That would be my read of it at the moment mate, give or take some of the subjective bits i mention above, similar window to last, maybe 3/4 decent investments and a loan/free, depending. Not sure we need or should do much more in all honesty.

I think we have averaged a + 55 mill net spend over the last five seasons, i dont see us wildly above or below that before player trading this summer, our net spend last summer was about 32-34 mill.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure on that mate - assuming Tosun is sold it would leave 3 strikers on the books (with one of those Kean who doesn't look anywhere near ready).

I imagine if we manage to qualify for the EL a CF becomes one of the priority positions if we are to continue to play 2 up top.

Kean “Doesn’t look anywhere near ready”
That I would describe Ellis Simms not a player who is getting to grips with the league and showing enormous signs of potential last 3-4 games under a manager who clearly thinks a lot more of him than you do

Kean “Doesn’t look anywhere near ready”
That I would describe Ellis Simms not a player who is getting to grips with the league and showing enormous signs of potential last 3-4 games under a manager who clearly thinks a lot more of him than you do

He's scored 1 goal all season lad.

Seriously stop getting your knickers in a twist - no one is writing him off they are simply saying if Richarlison or DCL get a bad injury we would be massively struggling up top playing 2 games a week with just one of those and Kean up top with some kid from the under 23's our only option off the bench.

He's scored 1 goal all season lad.

Seriously stop getting your knickers in a twist - no one is writing him off they are simply saying if Richarlison or DCL get a bad injury we would be massively struggling up top playing 2 games a week with just one of those and Kean up top with some kid from the under 23's our only option off the bench.

We could do with an experienced back up option to replace Tosun yes just not a massive mega money signing. Even getting a first choice right winger in and having Walcott cover the two positions would suit me.

We could do with an experienced back up option to replace Tosun yes just not a massive mega money signing. Even getting a first choice right winger in and having Walcott cover the two positions would suit me.
same for me, Right winger is #1 priority for me.

Problem is how many of those players are out there and of actual quality?

Giroud is the only one who springs to mind.

Mandzukic or Ibra would have made sense but both now unavailable.

Sell Coleman and Kenny for about 10 million in total, then buy Sidibe for 12 million and bring in Thomas Meunier in on a free, who can inherit the wages of Coleman, Kenny and Besic once flogged. That's our right back sorted with minimal outlay.

Bring in Willian on a free, who can inherit the wages of Niasse, Tosun and Martina's wages after they have been dispensed with. That's our right midfield sorted with minimal outlay.

Sign Everton Soares for a left midfield for an average investment by Prem standards. That's our left midfield sorted.

Sell Schneiderlin and use his wages for the top class Allan, who although old and expensive, is not fat and knackered like Wayne Rooney.

End result is a boss mixture of younger and older players that will take the Premier League by storm.

Pickford

Meunier Mina Holgate Digne

Willian Gomes Allan Everton

DCL Richarlison

Subs:
Keane
Sidibe
Bernard
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Baines
Kean
Gbamin

Sell Coleman and Kenny for about 10 million in total, then buy Sidibe for 12 million and bring in Thomas Meunier in on a free, who can inherit the wages of Coleman, Kenny and Besic once flogged. That's our right back sorted with minimal outlay.

Bring in Willian on a free, who can inherit the wages of Niasse, Tosun and Martina's wages after they have been dispensed with. That's our right midfield sorted with minimal outlay.

Sign Everton Soares for a left midfield for an average investment by Prem standards. That's our left midfield sorted.

Sell Schneiderlin and use his wages for the top class Allan, who although old and expensive, is not fat and knackered like Wayne Rooney.

End result is a boss mixture of younger and older players that will take the Premier League by storm.

Pickford

Meunier Mina Holgate Digne

Willian Gomes Allan Everton

DCL Richarlison

Subs:
Keane
Sidibe
Bernard
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Baines
Kean
Gbamin

....it’s so easy this transfer lark.

IN:

Dembele / Ings: £50 million - CF

Everton Soares: £25 million - LW

Allan: £25 million - CM

Sidibe: £14 million - RB

Lozano: Loan - RW

Back up cover for CB - Loan

OUT:

Kenny: £15 million
Tosun: £15 million
Besic: £4 million
Bolasie: £3 million
Dowell: £2 million
Pennington: £2 million
Niasse: released
Martina: released
Sandro: Loan
Davies: Loan

COYB!
Ings is a very good striker but spending £50 million on him would be genuinely bizarre. We already have two players consistently performing very well up front, and have Moise Kean as a promising back up.

If you’re trying to improve your team surely you invest the most into the areas where you have clear problems?

Danny Ings for 50m?!?

Watched him yesterday and he scored a great goal and contributed 0 second half.

The next James Beattie in waiting. He is the epitome of a quality mid table striker.

He will always be a handful when on form, but absolutely not what is required if this club wants to seriously kick on.

DCL, Richarlison, Kean and Ings would be quality options. Just wouldn’t pay more than £30m for him.

Ings is a very good striker but spending £50 million on him would be genuinely bizarre. We already have two players consistently performing very well up front, and have Moise Kean as a promising back up.

If you’re trying to improve your team surely you invest the most into the areas where you have clear problems?

You see I dont see that.

Player with big potential- absolutely.

Player who you would feel confident coming into the team if Richarlison or DCL get an extended lay off - absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.