Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single year please. Don't care this, Champions League, Europa League 2, Intertoto, I'm up for the cup and beers on a riverside

The long and short of it is we need to avoid those daft qualifying rounds that make your season start in June or the like. Get 5th or, better yet, Champions League. The league is absolute cack this year, why can't we have nice things?

The long and short of it is we need to avoid those daft qualifying rounds that make your season start in June or the like. Get 5th or, better yet, Champions League. The league is absolute cack this year, why can't we have nice things?

The long and short of it is the first team won't play the opening qualifier games against Irish and Latvian teams

We need europe, if anything for the aways

Even Lyon away etc when we were embarrassed was amazing

The long and short of it is the first team won't play the opening qualifier games against Irish and Latvian teams

We need europe, if anything for the aways

Even Lyon away etc when we were embarrassed was amazing
My point is that you need to avoid those knock out rounds. Hell our FIRST TEAM lost to a bunch of U21's in the FA.

Anybody that doesn't want us to play in Europe next season, so we get a full pre-season, so we qualify for Europe the season after, is a bit weird.
Well I must be 'a bit weird' and I'll tell you why, the team we have at present isn't good enough, simply fact. I'm clearly aware of the claimed financial benefits no matter how small it is but failure, especially abject failure like we had last time, can wreck any potential improvement in the squad, being heavily beaten by no mark sides is extremely demoralising not just to the players but to us fans. Ancelotti is a miracle worker but expecting this squad to excel abroad stretches incredulity to its very limits. When we qualify, and we will, I want a team of strong characters playing persistent top notch football without a defence that is meltdown prone as happened against Newcastle and nearly repeated itself again today. Lets keep our feet on the ground and retain achievable expectations such as the Champions League in two seasons time and stuff the embarrassingly stupid Europa league.

Status
Not open for further replies.