2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on it is that for Marco, this was his biggest job and the pressure of losing games wore heavily on him. For Carlo, its not that he doesn't want to win, but it won't make or break his career either way. Some may feel this might be a lack of passion (understandably) but i think it is transferring to the players as a calm confidence and allowing them to play to their abilities and be focused on performance as well as outcome.

The key difference for me is that this shambolic squad knew they could see off Silva in exactly the same way they saw off Koeman and Allardyce. They recognised the fan base wasn’t attached to the manager and that if push came to shove Moshiri would back his investment in the players over the manager so what followed was multiple seasons of the players doing the bare minimum but not really achieving anything but then getting the manager fired the season after. Under Ancelotti however no one is in any doubt that the players will be out the door. The manager is currently untouchable, the fans love him, Moshiri idolises him as the Hollywood manager he’s always wanted, the media won’t question whether he’s a good manager, the players have nowhere to go and are finally having to either shape up or ship out. It’s no surprise to me whatsoever to suddenly see Schneiderlin looking something like the player he was at Southampton and even Walcott trying harder than usual. They have skated by for years and now it’s judgement day on all of them, they have the remaining games to secure any sort of future in Ancelotti’s Everton. If this was Silva they’d be thinking ‘get him fired, play a few decent games under an interim, get a contract extension, go back to my deckchair’. Under Ancelotti the option isn’t there.

Christ if ever a fella wanted a trophy for finishing in 8th place lol
I listened to him on talksport the other morning co-hosting with Alan Brazil and he basically said he was gutted when he got the sack, he thought Everton was his one true chance to spend money and build a top quality top 4 challenging side.

I listened to him on talksport the other morning co-hosting with Alan Brazil and he basically said he was gutted when he got the sack, he thought Everton was his one true chance to spend money and build a top quality top 4 challenging side.
I'm pretty sure the greedy letcherous buffoon knew exactly what Moshiri had in mind by the length of the contract he was offered.
He was never ever getting the job long term.

So with his one true chance he still couldn't adapt his safety first playing style.

Status
Not open for further replies.