January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not arsed if we do or don’t sign anyone tbh, summer is the time to make wholesale changes ... get rid (if possible) of some sh1t we have , use the under 23’s to step in and step up as and when , I’m sure the hunger and desire to impress will spur them on, I’d be happy with a loan Midfielder or Defender would be nice

The joy of a new signing, watching the reveal vid, waiting for his debut, the first cries of waste of money.

Nothing quite like it.
Fortunately with my memory what it is I can barely remember the current players so most of the garbage is consigned to history. But you never know, we might get a gem to brighten the collective mood.

Still it is better to use these last 14 games to set up for next season than to chase points. Treat it like an extended preseason. Leicester took advantage of this last year.

I suspect this is a mindset from the NFL or something. As soon as NFL teams cant make the playoffs they go on holiday or something?

Im almost certain every Everton fan wants, bar probably you, wants us to win every point on offer from now till May, yes the season is effectively over, with nothing meaningful to play for, but 5th is still 5th and Europa is still Europa. Europa and 5th compared to nothing and 12th is worth about 40m to the club, cant think of a better way to prepare for next season than that personally.

But im curious how you would "prepare for next season", I assume it involves playing a load of substandard players in some shape or form.

Not arsed if we do or don’t sign anyone tbh, summer is the time to make wholesale changes ... get rid (if possible) of some sh1t we have , use the under 23’s to step in and step up as and when , I’m sure the hunger and desire to impress will spur them on, I’d be happy with a loan Midfielder or Defender would be nice
This all day

we need everyone to be patient

I don't get why people keep posting like this. Summer is when you do your business. January is for supplementing the squad if necessary (and as we aren't chasing anything it isn't necessary) and taking advantage if something is available. We don't have to be pushing for deals right now.
Probably post it because it is the January transfer thread !

I suspect this is a mindset from the NFL or something. As soon as NFL teams cant make the playoffs they go on holiday or something?

Im almost certain every Everton fan wants, bar probably you, wants us to win every point on offer from now till May, yes the season is effectively over, with nothing meaningful to play for, but 5th is still 5th and Europa is still Europa. Europa and 5th compared to nothing and 12th is worth about 40m to the club, cant think of a better way to prepare for next season than that personally.

But im curious how you would "prepare for next season", I assume it involves playing a load of substandard players in some shape or form.
Not necessarily. Last year it would have meant maybe not playing Zouma every single gsme while Mina is healthy since Zouma wasn't coming back. This year it might mean rotating Kean in even though Richarlison and DCL are the better players. Just little things that could help out.

I also mean that we should commit to the system we want to play next season. If he wants to go 4-3-3 then he should do it now and use these games to get people comfortable and figure out who can use the system. And yes American teams do this but that's typically because American teams don't have this bizarre sense of accomplishment when they finish in 5th place.

Not necessarily. Last year it would have meant maybe not playing Zouma every single gsme while Mina is healthy since Zouma wasn't coming back. This year it might mean rotating Kean in even though Richarlison and DCL are the better players. Just little things that could help out.

I also mean that we should commit to the system we want to play next season. If he wants to go 4-3-3 then he should do it now and use these games to get people comfortable and figure out who can use the system. And yes American teams do this but that's typically because American teams don't have this bizarre sense of accomplishment when they finish in 5th place.

You know very well why they do it you little scamp, the Draft.

I assume 5th place in Eastern 6th doesnt get you anything? But 5th place in this league gets you a reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.