Culpable deniability meets the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're terrified and wondering how we'll Everton it.... Which transfers to the players.

I don't subscribe to the idea that the supporters are a factor. When we last won the league, the venom and outright hostility was constant. And I, amongst others here, were in the Enclosure, Top Balcony, Park End, Gwladys etc.. It didn't matter. Peter Reid, Trevor Steven got dogs abuse amongst others. It was appalling. And this is when we were going for the title!

They were giants. I don't know if we undermined them or if we propelled them to greater heights. All I know is Evertonians know their football. You can't piss on our legs and tell us it's raining. We've been shovel fed BS from the Board and witnessed incompetent players earn a crust from our club.

Nothing is going to happen overnight, Evertonians are patient. But ffs, get a coherent strategy, we're halfway there with Ancelotti. Back this man, create a spine. Everything should be focused on establishing an identity. This is who we are. This is how we play.

Time to start taking this ambition seriously and stop spending on quantity rather than quality. We meedto start signing the best we can in their positions that are willing to come here with no European football.

Either way we need to be more prudent especially with wages. These ridiculous wages bite you in the arse if the player flops because you can't shift them on again.

Time to start taking this ambition seriously and stop spending on quantity rather than quality.

Recruitment, recruitment, recruitment. Half a billion spent, it's negligent, appalling and embarrassing. Utd fans are having a go at Woodward. Their implosion is only matched by our incompetence. Imagine were we could be if we hadn't pissed that money against the wall.

We've had posters on here fervently stating we should have signed Van Dijk when he was at Celtic or ya man Maddison at Leicester now. Countless others. Yeah there's been calls for garbage too, however considering we're all no nothing fans. It's amazing to me how many of the shouts on this forum end up being decent Premier league players.

But this is what really amazes me. How you can appoint a series of professional talent spotters who have consistently failed to hire a player who justifies his transfer fee, when you've had a treasure trove, that most clubs would envy.

But you see it with the fans as well. 2-0 up against a Steve Bruce side with 5 minutes to play and the crowd isn't singing in the throes of victory, they're terrified and wondering how we'll Everton it.... Which transfers to the players.
I was there Tuesday and the crowd were singing carlo,s praises right until they scored the first, that’s when we went quiet because we’ve seen it all before

I'm all for that but who are we going to replace him with? He needs a rocket up his ass for sure. The serenity he must have knowing there isn't a realistic option to take his place.

It doesn’t matter, we signed Lossl in the summer, he can play for now. He isn’t the long term answer but that’s not what this is about.

We have to give Carlo the keys to the kingdom, give him the time to get his own squad together and implement his ideas. This is a massive opportunity to potentially take the next step, we have the leader in place but the troops need culling and some proper warriors brought in.

I can't imagine he would have been happy with that result.

This

The board have been dodging responsibility for years. They get the fan base for trying to maintain standards. Effectively pre Moshiri they wanted a managed decline of the football club and for fan expectations to follow so that they ended up with a club and fan base that was happy to just exist in the bottom half of the table. Moshiri has come in and despite a scatter gun approach no one can accuse him of the same thing. The problem is he’s operating in an infrastructure that has had 20 years of managed decline. Every single person in there throughout the Kenwright years has been fed a mantra of it being ok not to compete and actually Everton shouldn’t expect to compete ‘best of the rest’ etc. It’s fed through to every single squad of ours.

Hopefully Ancelotti can change it but it can just as easily engulf him.

It doesn’t matter, we signed Lossl in the summer, he can play for now. He isn’t the long term answer but that’s not what this is about.
Sorry but neither Lossl or the holosteck are any where near good competition for Pickford......

I think Moshiri definitely likes the way it looks appointing someone with a reputation like Carlo's. So it kind of is vanity, but at the same time it is totally possible that he and Brands can also make us successful too.

He's going to be backed. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view regarding this window) it probably won't be until the summer. For me that's ok. Aside from DCL, Richarlison and probably Digne, nobody has staked a strong claim to hanging around here. Carlo gets 14 more matches to play around and see who works, who doesn't and what he needs to buy. Come summer we can reload and make a run at it hopefully right from the start of the season. But it will require patience. Now is not the moment to go all in.
Holgate has definitely staked a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.