Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We would have been two points off fifth and 8 off 4th were it not for brainfart central from the 93rd to 95th minutes (thanks Jordan) on Tuesday. I would been backing us for a top 4 spot...

With all due respect mate, your talking absolute bobbins. That was a dreadful, injury ravaged Newcastle side we played tonight who replaced their main striker with a Centre Back. Bruce was in damage limitation for the entire match and didn’t expect to get even a draw with that side.
Their injured players aren't good enough to have made them much better. We were just inept at the end.
When was the last time a club, any club, pissed away a 2-goal lead at home in extra time?
Might have been us against Oldham in 1990 something.

МоскВиЧ.
русский что-ли? ))) мне начинает казаться, что в этом треде одни соотечественники :cool:
now I get it, yeap I'm a bit old fashioned, just to get you a picture this month mostly listening Аквариум albums from 80-s and The Beatles

I only saw the highlights on MOD but how did we lose possession from our kick off after their first goal? I assume we did our usual trick of playing it back from the centre spot for someone to launch i diagonal ball to one of the flanks in the hope we can win possession. Why do we do this? Why not just keep the ball. I then noticed Tom Davies give away a(nother) needless free kick in the centre circle to give them the opportunity to launch it into our box. I know that a lot went wrong after that but why invite that pressure. Bloke has no brain!

Pickford getting pelters for this but look at our CBs ffs. Both of them off the field.

Didn't know where to post this - but does anyone know when the next Sky fixtures will be announced? Our March games etc.. still haven't been confirmed.

We would have been two points off fifth and 8 off 4th were it not for brainfart central from the 93rd to 95th minutes (thanks Jordan) on Tuesday. I would been backing us for a top 4 spot...
A weird part of that last two minutes is people blaming Pickford for the second goal, which was not all his fault, but not the first, which was almost entirely him.

Status
Not open for further replies.