Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it was all over as a competitive season when we got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round. All that's left to play for is a bit of pride :coffee:
Given that our playing group is often referred to being a team of brave lion hearts, 'playing for pride' is a very apposite expression...

I cannot believe you. What planet are you on? Clearly not at planet Goodison where you must surely have seen 3 "tactical errors" from the manager. Did you go home feeling OK and quite satisfied?

We controlled the game for 93mins. Newcastle had nothing. People can try to point fingers at Carlo, but ultimately had we not had an armageddon of 60 seconds, we'd have won 2-0 and be raving about how good we were. It was BY A MILE the best performnace on the season until the 94th minute.

If you think Carlo is having to use Sidibe at RW, Walcott into Striker, Niasse coming, Davies being wide mid. If you think ANY of these are his PREFERENCE, please give your head a wobble. We are missing players, including our most important and two, what would appear to have been our first choice midfielders.

We played very well last night, controlled, patience, direct when the opportunity came.

We are ALL just hurting from that last 60 seconds. Nobody needs to go blow things out of proportion.

Just when you want Delph to go backwards like he normally does, he goes forward.

Did anyone notice any of our players asking the ref how long was left after Newcastle scored because if knowone asked even that's a mistake aswell

Best I've seen us play for a few years that. A stupid couple of minutes at the end separated us from a really good night at Goodison.

For those in doubt, he's had them to train for a week (properly) and if that is the improvement, wait until a week on Saturday. I tell you, he has made Schneiderlin look like a footballer, I never, ever thought I could type that! And if in doubt about Kean's prospects as a really solid buy for us, last night has shown what he can do. Now he needs a run at it and to establish last night's performance as his normal standard.

Despite a really shitty result (in the end), I was greatly encouraged.

We controlled the game for 93mins. Newcastle had nothing. People can try to point fingers at Carlo, but ultimately had we not had an armageddon of 60 seconds, we'd have won 2-0 and be raving about how good we were. It was BY A MILE the best performnace on the season until the 94th minute.

If you think Carlo is having to use Sidibe at RW, Walcott into Striker, Niasse coming, Davies being wide mid. If you think ANY of these are his PREFERENCE, please give your head a wobble. We are missing players, including our most important and two, what would appear to have been our first choice midfielders.

We played very well last night, controlled, patience, direct when the opportunity came.

We are ALL just hurting from that last 60 seconds. Nobody needs to go blow things out of proportion.
I want to agree with you, and the first half was very good, but I was noticing at around 70 mins the team was getting complacent. Energy levels dropped, jogging to press, and tackles were going in late.
Carlo wasn't wrong to make changes in seeing that its just unfortunate his options from the bench are overpaid talentless planks. The late goals were crap but I'm also disappointed with the attitude the whole side showed after making it 2-0. It felt like they thought it was job done and you cannot do that in this league.

Totally agree, but these players don't have it though, that's the problem.

That is not fair to be honest. I went to the game last night, and as gutted as I was there is no doubt that each and every player gave it everything.

The manager shares some blame. NCU were there for a mauling last night, and were not a threat. We were stuffing them, and it was working. Time and time again I’ve seen Solskjærs united lose or draw games trying to protect a lead....

Our team is simply not good enough to keep possession, it’s nothing to do with not trying or a lack of pride. 38 thousand people watching, I’d guess that pride is unavoidable and part of the problem.

We should have pressed home the attack and gone for 4 but instead we went defensive and invited pressure- something this team presently isn’t good with.

As upset as you might be the players will have felt it far more, as for them it really does matter.

The worst thing was until the last 2 mins we defended very well! I was praising the defense for the clean sheet but also a very good performance.

1. Who will sign him for the money we would want?

2. Who out there is better?

Sadly there are about 4 positions that require major investment before the GK.

For me if we had a leader dominant CM & CB Pickford wouldnt have the opportunity to cock up as games would be closed out.
1. We wouldn't get the money we wanted for him.
2. There must be someone out there better and it's up to the scouting network to find him.
3. He wouldn't cock up if we had dominant CB,s? He shouldn't cock up if the tea lady was playing centre back. It's cock up, after cock up, after cock up. Blimey, that argument might hold up if it was 2 or 3 a season, but he cocks up 2 or 3 times a month.

On a different point what planet is Hinchcliffe on, after they scored their second he said " you can't say Newcastle didn't deserve that" No you blurt they didn't deserve it, they were woefully, except for Everton they're the worst team I've seen at Goodison this season.

Niasse and Davies hold your head in shame, fancy coming on late 2.0 up in the most one sided game of the season and throwing it away , this game will haunt them if they had any pride or professionalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.