Culpable deniability meets the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentinel

Player Valuation: £8m
It's Everton that, snatching a draw or defeat from the jaws of victory? It's Everton that. But it isn't. It's mentality, weakness, psychology, hex's, whatever, it's irrelevant. There is a history, rot, weakness whatever you want to call it. When it matters, when it really matters, we crumble. Like a shortcake dipped in your morning tea.

Here's a spotlight, from the top down we are a club of shirkers. When it goes wrong, VAR, not VAR, Injuries, then physios are to blame, signings, wrong signings, no money, too much money, and it goes on. Deny your failures and blame others. Culpable deniability. The recent ethos of the club is built around that. We didn't do it, someone else is to blame. The players reflect this.

The bottom line is Ancelotti, he's been round the block a few times. Fakers, wannabees, he's seen them all I'm sure, he won't sully his name and reputation with players and staff who talk a good game. The sooner he culls and purges this club the better. Or mark my words he'll walk.

In the meantime, we're at a crossroads. Back this man and we'll see the dividends. I hope to God we haven't appointed him as a vanity exercise just to shirk responsibility, shrug our shoulders and abandon responsibility.

We all know the massive holes in our first team. Yes, January isn't the best window but give this man some ammunition. Carpe Diem. European qualification is wide open. Give him the tools to make it happen.

It's Everton that, snatching a draw or defeat from the jaws of victory? It's Everton that. But it isn't. It's mentality, weakness, psychology, hex's, whatever, it's irrelevant. There is a history, rot, weakness whatever you want to call it. When it matters, when it really matters, we crumble. Like a shortcake dipped in your morning tea.

Here's a spotlight, from the top down we are a club of shirkers. When it goes wrong, VAR, not VAR, Injuries, then physios are to blame, signings, wrong signings, no money, too much money, and it goes on. Deny your failures and blame others. Culpable deniability. The recent ethos of the club is built around that. We didn't do it, someone else is to blame. The players reflect this.

The bottom line is Ancelotti, he's been round the block a few times. Fakers, wannabees, he's seen them all I'm sure, he won't sully his name and reputation with players and staff who talk a good game. The sooner he culls and purges this club the better. Or mark my words he'll walk.

In the meantime, we're at a crossroads. Back this man and we'll see the dividends. I hope to God we haven't appointed him as a vanity exercise just to shirk responsibility, shrug our shoulders and abandon responsibility.

We all know the massive holes in our first team. Yes, January isn't the best window but give this man some ammunition. Carpe Diem. European qualification is wide open. Give him the tools to make it happen.
I think Moshiri definitely likes the way it looks appointing someone with a reputation like Carlo's. So it kind of is vanity, but at the same time it is totally possible that he and Brands can also make us successful too.

He's going to be backed. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view regarding this window) it probably won't be until the summer. For me that's ok. Aside from DCL, Richarlison and probably Digne, nobody has staked a strong claim to hanging around here. Carlo gets 14 more matches to play around and see who works, who doesn't and what he needs to buy. Come summer we can reload and make a run at it hopefully right from the start of the season. But it will require patience. Now is not the moment to go all in.

We have to give Carlo the keys to the kingdom, give him the time to get his own squad together and implement his ideas. This is a massive opportunity to potentially take the next step, we have the leader in place but the troops need culling and some proper warriors brought in.

I can't imagine he would have been happy with that result.

This is a massive opportunity to potentially take the next step, we have the leader in place but the troops need culling and some proper warriors brought in.

Exactly this, we've dropped nearly half a billion and there isn't one leader on the pitch. Last nights capitulation is testament to that and the farcical shenanigans that have proceeded it

We talk about a spine of the team. We simply don't have one. Instead we have a collection of haphazard signings, a collection of individuals that when pressed under pressure wilt and cave. That's a recruitment issue.

And if we are going to compete needs addressing. Not garbage post moratoriums from the players, not limp-wristed signings from a DoF and certainly not, watch this space nonsense now you see me now you don't BS from the chairman.

We have a manager who is a leader, the rest of the club needs to follow suit. And stop shirking. Stop with the plausible deniability. Man up and act like a club that intends to compete and recruit staff throughout the club, who have a winning mentality.

I think Moshiri definitely likes the way it looks appointing someone with a reputation like Carlo's. So it kind of is vanity, but at the same time it is totally possible that he and Brands can also make us successful too.

He's going to be backed. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view regarding this window) it probably won't be until the summer. For me that's ok. Aside from DCL, Richarlison and probably Digne, nobody has staked a strong claim to hanging around here. Carlo gets 14 more matches to play around and see who works, who doesn't and what he needs to buy. Come summer we can reload and make a run at it hopefully right from the start of the season. But it will require patience. Now is not the moment to go all in.

What are you on about?

Everton need re-structuring. Players joining the club whether they be seniors or prospects, need to know the mentality and footballing philosophy. It should be drilled into and riven into each player whether they are making a step up or a new signing.

Unsworth et al should be mirroring Ancelotti. If they can't, get shut. Players and staff. Similarly Brands should be targeting players that fit to his system. Silva was a flake, and consequently Brands orchestrated signings that on paper had potential. That has to end. He should be a gopher, that's it.

When a player walks into Everton, they should know the philosophy, heritage and the demands of the club. Instead we have a collection of surrender monkeys who stare at each other wondering which one is to blame. That's why the sum of their parts falls below expectations. That drift has to end.

What is the footballing philosophy of our club. What is our identity? We've flip-flopped so many times, your guess is as good as mine.

Get a strategy and stick with it, entrench it throughout the club. We've had more cast members than a Billy Kenwright production of Blood Brothers ffs. That's no way to run a football club.

Last edited:
Everton need re-structuring. Players joining the club whether they be seniors or prospects, need to know the mentality and footballing philosophy. It should be drilled into and riven into each player whether they are making a step up or a new signing.

Unsworth et al should be mirroring Ancelotti. If they can't, get shut. Players and staff. Similarly Brands should be targeting players that fit to his system. Silva was a flake, and consequently Brands orchestrated signings that on paper had potential. That has to end. He should be a gopher, that's it.

When a player walks into Everton, they should know the philosophy, heritage and the demands of the club. Instead we have a collection of surrender monkeys who stare at each other wondering which one is to blame. That's why the sum of their parts falls below expectations. That drift has to end.

We need a playing strategy.

Carlo is the best decision they have made in years.

It is and fair play to them. Hiring him and backing him are two different things though. The club is riddled with a job for the boys, make it to a cup final mentality. Standards need to be set and achieved. This cozy, you rub my back culture has to end. There is staff and players filching a living out of Everton, perennial losers with a defeatist mentality. This toxic culture has to end

It is and fair play to them. Hiring him and backing him are two different things though. The club is riddled with a job for the boys, make it to a cup final mentality. Standards need to be set and achieved. This cozy, you rub my back culture has to end. There is staff and players filching a living out of Everton, perennial losers with a defeatist mentality. This toxic culture has to end

I said pretty much this in a different thread completely 100% agree

"Acceptable losses" we've got a shadow Chairmen who's gotten drunk on the surrender monkey Kool-Aid.

Who would say that out loud and what does that say to the playing staff? "Aye boy's we're gonna go to Utd, Chelsea and the lot across the park but if we get beat, it's acceptable".

It's never acceptable. Period. The bar has been lowered to the extent that, we know our place, we're just here to make up the numbers and hope for a cup run. That mindset is a cancer, a rot, that has permeated this club for decades.

Whether you believe we are a big club or just another piece of trash consigned to the dustbin of history. Everything has to change from top down if we are ever going to compete again.

We're playing at being a football club, don't fool yourselves and until we see firm backing from the Board, ie a cohesive strategy, those acceptable losses will become a fixture that we'll all have to live with.

We still take points only from a very narrow subset of mostly home games, and don't progress in cups.

There is more than irony in Moshiri's "acceptable loss" comment also, I think this attitude was and is present and seeps through.

Burnley won at OT last night, and there's barely a whimper, yet a point for us there merits fist-pumping.

Southampton have won four successive away games if I'm correct - it seems monumental for us to win two. When did we last win four???

The problem with results like Tuesday is that it does huge potential damage to our final league placing when we are so dependent on three points at home against this type of opposition, when in all likelihood we struggle to make up the difference with an "unexpected win" - we don't do those.

I'm still hoping Ancelotti can engineer a win on the road at somewhere like Spurs because the mentality that we can't expect it and can't do it is so deeply ingrained and it's rubbish.

I've seen over many years successive managers and groups of players go out either beaten or with a damage limitation mentality and that says it all.

It's absolute nonsense given the overall lack of quality in the league. We are even outstripping the law of averages now in consistently failing to win even once at our numerous bogey grounds.

Last edited:
We are even outstripping the law of averages now in consistently failing to win even once at our numerous bogey grounds

The conclusion, has to be we have a bottlers mentality. That is endemic. It pervades the very fabric of the club. At this stage it's irrelevant who is to blame. Culpable deniability, take action but never own it. It's cowardly and an utter base way of conducting yourself. It permeates from the top and leeches into every aspect of Everton.

The conclusion, has to be we have a bottlers mentality. That is endemic. It pervades the very fabric of the club. At this stage it's irrelevant who is to blame. Culpable deniability, take action but never own it. It's cowardly and an utter base way of conducting yourself. It permeates from the top and leeches into every aspect of Everton.

But you see it with the fans as well. 2-0 up against a Steve Bruce side with 5 minutes to play and the crowd isn't singing in the throes of victory, they're terrified and wondering how we'll Everton it.... Which transfers to the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.