Everton Youth Teams Thread

Baningime does similar. He has been unfortunate with injuries at key moments.

...I always thought Baningime was the nearest we have to a Gueye clone. Tremendous engine, great ability to tackle opponents on the run. Trouble with Baningime has always been his ability in possession of the football. It also appears he has an attitude problem off the pitch.

...I always thought Baningime was the nearest we have to a Gueye clone. Tremendous engine, great ability to tackle opponents on the run. Trouble with Baningime has always been his ability in possession of the football. It also appears he has an attitude problem off the pitch.

Can be the only reason he’s not kicked on,he seems to have everything but does he have the desire and application to push on I’m sceptical

Something is very odd about what happened to him over the last 2 years. I think he sits in front of the back 4, as you say similar to how Gueye did. To some extent, he is another example of the mess we have made of the last few years in terms of integrating and developing young players.

I think had he been given opportunities Schneiderlin had had, he would have probably overtaken him.

...from that first game I saw in the ‘Dallas Cup’ some years ago, I thought his attitude on the pitch was spot on but it appears something is amiss.

I remember something Unsworth said about him "being back to the old Beni" or something equivalent earlier this season. Quite a telling statement.

In more general, I think the under 23's environment is a bit too caring and not ruthless enough.

Everton u23s beat Fulham u23s 4-2 with Asare OG, Adenrian with 2, and Mampala

U23S Premier League Cup Table

Everton 7 points from 4 games
Fulham 6 points from 4 games,
Watford 4 points from 3 games
Plymouth 2 points from 3 games

Next game in this comp for Everton u23s is away to Plymouth 10th Feb
Final game away to Watford 21st Feb

Other Games
Monday
Watford v Plymouth
7th Feb
Watford v Fulham
25th Feb
Plymouth v Fulham

Next Week on Friday Everton u23s are home to Chelsea u23s who are unbeaten since Mid april [15 games], that game is live on chelsea's website,no need for sign up etc, just a click on the website which i will link stream to here

...good point.
Also, maybe the coaches are not good enough, Antony Evans has a lot going for him, technically very good, good passer and link up man, excellent free kicks and corners, doesn’t seem to believe in himself, maybe he should push himself more, or the coaches are not pushing him enough, same as in the U18’s, they don’t seem to have any drive or energy about them for the whole game, play in patches then ease off. I think Brands will liven up or change the whole system at the Acadamy in the summer with some sweeping changes, something needs altering there, too easy going, and that applies to the first team squad even more so. They might have to start earning their wages from next summer, wouldn’t that be a nice change, and after that, have a good look at the boardroom, plenty to alter and get rid of there.