2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see the benefit of a DOF.

The manager should be in sole control of transfers... simple as that.

And what if the manager doesn’t work out and we have a team full of players suited to him? What happens if a new manager comes in requiring completely different profiles of players?

Have you learned zero from what happened between Koeman and now.

Im sure he isn’t.
I am sure though, that he will have sole control over incomings and outgoings without having to talk it through with a DOF.

I am certain Ancelotti has said he has worked under DoF's before and knows the model and the relationship required. Ancelotti will have more of a say than Silva or PE/Koeman did I'm sure, but the model will be put into practice properly.

Which players that were signed under/by Brands do you lot actually see as flops and misfits? Just curious is all. Think biggest mistake by Brands thus far is not being adament in his contract negotiations with Moshiri that Silva had to go and he would pick the manager, or maybe believing he was the right man for the job.

Anyway jury is really out now with Ancelotti as our manager. No way to hide for anyone anymore or anywhere.

Which players that were signed under/by Brands do you lot actually see as flops and misfits? Just curious is all. Think biggest mistake by Brands thus far is not being adament in his contract negotiations with Moshiri that Silva had to go and he would pick the manager, or maybe believing he was the right man for the job.

Anyway jury is really out now with Ancelotti as our manager. No way to hide for anyone anymore or anywhere.

...I generally think our best players are the ones Brands has brought in. I’m encouraged by his signings. We seem to have a transfer strategy that aligns to a team model.

Only challenges from me; I think there’s still question marks over Moise Kean, and I am concerned that Delph has the ‘curse of the hamstring’.

...I generally think our best players are the ones Brands has brought in. I’m encouraged by his signings. We seem to have a transfer strategy that aligns to a team model.

Only challenges from me; I think there’s still question marks over Moise Kean, and I am concerned that Delph has the ‘curse of the hamstring’.

Delph is the one that gets me.

The world and his wife knows that he is the very epitome of the sick note culture which Darren Anderton patented back in the late 20th.

You wouldn't buy a house if you knew there was a problem with subsidence in the backyard, nor a car with the doors held on with sellotape.

I agree with Khalekan, Delph is the concern. Think Kean will come good.

Delph is the one that gets me.

The world and his wife knows that he is the very epitome of the sick note culture which Darren Anderton patented back in the late 20th.

You wouldn't buy a house if you knew there was a problem with subsidence in the backyard, nor a car with the doors held on with sellotape.

To be fair, he wouldn't have the demands placed on him and his twangy hamstrings he has if we didn't lose so many others to injury. I always thought he was in as cover or to start 1 in 3 games or somethinng.

Status
Not open for further replies.