Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karius Esque tonight.

Should be gone for good if it was upto me.

Soon as Delph is back get Holgate back into defence until January and sell Keane to a Palace/Newcastle/Brighton etc stupid enough to buy an "england international CB".

The thing I can’t stand with Keane is that facial expression of his; absolute terror. No wonder opposing strikers get their tails up.

Some of our fans made me feel sick tonight. Grown men who should know better acting like angry school kids hurling none stop abuse at our own team! Demanding that literally every player be subbed off, booing repeatedly, moaning at literally everything and screaming that the team is [poor words removed].

I don't like criticising our fans as I think we suffer enough but I'd honestly prefer it if a good tenth of our home fans just stopped going the match and never came back. They contribute nothing other then negativity. Yeah the team is crap lads, we can all see that you reckon the players don't know it?! Seriously if you can't be arsed supporting the club then do yourself and the rest of us a favour and stop going the match because we'll all be happier without you there!
Sorry was this tonight's match. I was in the Gwladys Street and thought the support and atmosphere was brilliant. Most of the abuse was directed at referee Moss for not sorting out their time wasting. Iwobi had a disaster tbh but thought our fans really supported the team. When baines goal went in the noise after was amazing. Why Moss let their keeper square up to our penalty taker every time I don't know. But we are too nice our players should have been into their keeper the first time he squared up. Moss would have had to do something then. Hope if Ancellotti comes he signs players who can play and also abides. We have been too nice for too long

After taking a deep breath you have to acknowledge the fact we are on our knees with injuries. To rattle out two draws (after 90mins!!!) and a win with those players against top 6 opposition is nothing short of miraculous. A point against Arsenal will be good and then hopefully we’ll see some of the injured return and onto the next chapter. It’s not easy being a blue. Let’s hope Carlo can bring us to the level we deserve.

I don’t normally post straight after the match when tensions are high but I’m presuming half of the people haven’t been the match.
Penalties papered over the cracks. Everton were embarrassing for 70 minutes. No fight, no shots, no one wanted the ball. Did no one tell them it was a cup quarter final. Leicester dominated the game and in some parts actually took the P. We were awful. Yet somehow nearly managed to sneak through.
Some awful performances there tonight, Keane, Davies, Iwobi.
If we’d have got away with that I’d have actually felt for Leicester.
as it happens we then wasted a great chance when Jordan saves the first pen. Tosun and Baines penalties were both poor.
So disappointing yet again Everton. What an absolute waste

Really?

I hate going out of cups. Takes me ages to get over it.

We blew another great chance at home. It's not good enough.

People talk about injuries and whatever else but it´s been 24 years since we´ve won a trophy now. You´ve got to take these opportunities when they present themselves. Home tie in the quarter finals in front of a sell out crowd. It was there to be won.

If we´re waiting for the perfect scenario of no injuries, lucky cup draw then we´ll never win another trophy again.

People talk about injuries and whatever else but it´s been 24 years since we´ve won a trophy now. You´ve got to take these opportunities when they present themselves. Home tie in the quarter finals in front of a sell out crowd. It was there to be won.

If we´re waiting for the perfect scenario of no injuries, lucky cup draw then we´ll never win another trophy again.

We didn't turn up for 45 minutes. The players are just weak and dont want it enough.

Given the FA cup draw, we had to win tonight. Another chance we let go too easily.

I reckon our players want to lose.

Keeps the pressure off,
Less games they have to play and less time away from their families.
Less risk of injuries and fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.