Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never want to see Keane play another match for Everton. What an absolute disaster that man is.

Karius Esque tonight.

Should be gone for good if it was upto me.

Soon as Delph is back get Holgate back into defence until January and sell Keane to a Palace/Newcastle/Brighton etc stupid enough to buy an "england international CB".

Lucky to get the draw and then Double Everton That (pen loss and Villa in semi miss...).

But much better once we got stuck in. Probably didn't help having Johnny 'not on the spot' Moss as ref (always good for a mistake or three).

I’d have loved to see how we’d have got on with a proper full strength team, injuries have totally ruined us this season. We’ve had no midfield backup at all so Davies and Holgate are forced to play every minute and we’ve no wingers or defenders so when players like Iwobi and Keane put in a crap performance like tonight we don’t have anyone realistically to replace them with that are a high quality.

Think this team improves massively even with the likes of Gomes, Delph, Walcott and Gbamin available, we sorely lack depth at the minute and it’s clearly showing. Great performance in the second half though and I still think it’s a positive that we’ve gotten a good win and 2 draws that we could’ve won against 3 of the top 6.

Onto Arsenal with confidence and then let Carlo work with what we have and see if he needs replacements or new players in January. Most positive things have been in months imo really looking forward to the second half of the season even if it’s disappointing to go out, especially seeing as we’d have gotten Villa if we went through. Ah well, onto the next one!

I don’t normally post straight after the match when tensions are high but I’m presuming half of the people haven’t been the match.
Penalties papered over the cracks. Everton were embarrassing for 70 minutes. No fight, no shots, no one wanted the ball. Did no one tell them it was a cup quarter final. Leicester dominated the game and in some parts actually took the P. We were awful. Yet somehow nearly managed to sneak through.
Some awful performances there tonight, Keane, Davies, Iwobi.
If we’d have got away with that I’d have actually felt for Leicester.
as it happens we then wasted a great chance when Jordan saves the first pen. Tosun and Baines penalties were both poor.
So disappointing yet again Everton. What an absolute waste

That was a great effort from a severely weakened team. One of the lowest quality performances I've ever seen from an Everton side, but that's not surprising given the personnel on show. The endeavour was excellent though.

None of Davies, Iwobi, Coleman, Baines, Keane, Holgate, DCL will have anything to do with a decent team at any point in the rest of their careers. They're either finished or not good enough. I'm fairly sure neither Bernard nor Richarlison were 100% fit either.

Not far off being a reserve XI that. Leicester gave that everything and needed the lottery of a shootout win.

Good effort. Time for Carlo.

Like you say mate , great effort in the end from a severely weakened team.
Have to disagree with you about Holgate though. He has been absolutely outstanding since he got back in the side. DCL has also shown major improvement under Big Dunc.
Time for Carlo , but thanks Dunc , I hope that you are kept around , as you certainly deserve it.

Reasons we lost tonight:

Too many injuries

A cone layer as manager

If we had Gbamin/Gomes/Delph/Digne/Sidibe in that team with Ancelotti as manager we would have won that.

Just got to take it on the chin and move on.

Silva saw to it that the season was a write off - now we have a massive opportunity getting a top class manager in to push us forward.

Look how long it took Klopp/LFC to get to where they are - next season is the one lads lets just try sneak 7th and get into the EL for next season.

We're now a week before Christmas in a situation where we need to go to Anfield to find a result to keep our season alive.

It's a grim old existence following Everton

I just can´t understand the "ah well, onto the next one" attitude. Fair play to people for keeping the faith but once again I´m crushed if not at all surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.