Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you only show up for 20 minutes of a 90 minute game then that will happen

Those of us in Goodison need to take some of the blame as well. The place was dead until our first goal

On a big night like tonight you can't have everyone in the Gwladys street sitting down. Far too many kids and families in there tonight and it showed

I deserve just as much blame, as i sat down meekly with everyone else as I didn't want to be "that guy"

We deserved to lose and 2-2 flattered us

Absolutely gutted. I don't think I'll ever live to see Everton win another trophy

People insulting the team can kindly do one. Leicester are the form team in the league and have a fully fit squad. We were playing with 1 recognised centre mid, two pensioners at full back and a bench full of strikers who would struggle to score in the Championship. To come back from 2-0 down like we did was fantastic to see and wouldn't have happened under Silva.

It's gutting that we couldn't go a step further but I am not going to berate the players. I'm going to get behind them again on Saturday.

Totally agree.

I am appauled that Kenwright still lauds it up as the club slides ever more into obscurity.

Since the formation of the premier league this club has been mismanaged dreadfully.
Joe Royle's mid 90s side the only respite from misery.

I´m done with the platitudes of saying well done for the second half comeback. They´d played abysmally to get into that position and the comeback counts for nothing if you can´t turn it into a place in the next round. We always fail in these type of moments, it happens far too many times to be by chance.

That was a great effort from a severely weakened team. One of the lowest quality performances I've ever seen from an Everton side, but that's not surprising given the personnel on show. The endeavour was excellent though.

None of Davies, Iwobi, Coleman, Baines, Keane, Holgate, DCL will have anything to do with a decent team at any point in the rest of their careers. They're either finished or not good enough. I'm fairly sure neither Bernard nor Richarlison were 100% fit either.

Not far off being a reserve XI that. Leicester gave that everything and needed the lottery of a shootout win.

Good effort. Time for Carlo.

It's against the 2nd best team in the league (on form), who had an extra day to recover from their last match and aren't suffering half the 1st team out with injuries

The odds were stacked heavily against us, losing on pens after coming back from 2 - 0 down is a bloody lot better than what we endured under Silva with players showing no fight, small victories and all that

I don't care who its against or how many days they had extra to be honest, Totally get what you are saying butI am sick of hard luck stories.

For 70 minutes the performance was absolutely unacceptable. Rubbish passing, poor marking, zero threat etc. Why did we keep passing the ball two yards behind our players?

Fair play to Ferguson for switching it around a bit and getting a tune out of them in the end but at the end of the day we lost, again. We don't even get to lose dramatically, miss the first two pens all but killing it there and then, brilliant.

Might be pipped by CIty but no one else will catch them mate, no chance.

Hmm weird one like

Think spurs will come on strong because they have started boss under jose

United have got players to beat most teams in the league and might spend big money in Jan

Chelsea have done good until recently but WILL spend massively in Jan

Think it depends on how other teams pick up rather than Leicester keeping it going

Status
Not open for further replies.