Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We got back through sheer fight though, not quality. Two very good finishes but we could have easily been 4-0 down.
Yes but if Mina had have scored those to headers, it’s all what ifs. We gave ourselves a chance and fluffed it. In the end with a depleted team we nearly put a full strength Leicester in there place, just came up short, but there is improvement.

I’d say Keane is a much bigger problem than our 3rd choice striker Joey.

We”ll always concede when he’s in the team and he badly affects the players around him.

Has to be one of the first players in the ejector seat when Ancelotti takes over.
Horrendous spine to that side atm, trex arms, Keane, Davies, bambi. Yikes

First half was woeful. Second half was good. On another day without the injuries we would have won. Gordon looked great. Kean looked good. Despite the performance today I know the future is bright. UTFT

Not good enough. Played well for 20 minutes. Any other team goes on to win that on pens after the momentum turn.

Some will be happy with that tonight, the effort etc, it was absolute garbage. It's a home cup tie against a decent (better than us) but not brilliant side.

I'm sick of the lot of them.

That just about sums it up for me as well at the moment,

Great come back. Didn’t think they had it in them. I would have bet my house on Baines scoring.

Reminded me of when he scored that free kick against Chelsea in the cup and then missed his penalty. For a penalty taker with such a fantastic record I never really trusted him that much from the spot compared to someone like Unsworth.

Other than the pathetic pens, we fought back well that second half.
However, blatantly obvious Carlo is going to have to earn every penny of his massive paycheck and hopefully have an equally massive transfer budget to sort this lot out.

Status
Not open for further replies.