Match Thread Everton vs Leicester City - ~Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I know the domestic cups have been devalued in recent years but I still sort of see Leicester as a cup club so I really want us to treat this with respect. I think home advantage will play a big part in this one

2-1 Everton

I really want us to win and playing Vardy gives us the best chance of doing that but with the 2 league games we've got coming up he needs a rest. On the evidence of DF's first 2 games in charge we're got to go strong to stand a chance

Good news for us tbf, actually it was evident that your established XI was getting tired in your last PL game, you need more solid players. Luckily for you, Everton is no better, injuries and what not.

I think we need young Mason in central defence for this with his pace against Vardy.

I assume Sidibe will be fine given it was just a 2-3 day illness.

Same with Sigurdsson. Hopefully Schneiderlin will be available for selection too. Those three would give us a much stronger squad than against United.

No idea about Walcott. And talking about Delph is a waste of time.

Probably wise to rest Digne if he's not 100%.

Think DCL and Davies might struggle with burnout soon if they're not afforded a rest, even though they've done a decent job given the circumstances.

I'd play this.

Pickford Sidibe Holgate Mina Baine Iwobi Schneiderlin/Sigurdsson Davies Bernard Richarlison DCL

I don't think Leicester will be gutted to lose as they're genuinely up for a Champions League fight. Hopefully we can get the game wrapped up with time to spare and get DCL, Davies and Holgate or Richarlison resting for the weekend.

2-0 to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.