Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

My concern about Dunc taking the reigns on a permanent basis is we would become some sort of Dyche/Burnley and Pulis/Stoke hybrid, and the way they played.

My concern about Dunc taking the reigns on a permanent basis is we would become some sort of Dyche/Burnley and Pulis/Stoke hybrid, and the way they played.
It's what is needed for the interim to get us up the table maybe even win something... However, once that is achieved most of us would want the team and style to develop. Anyway long way off Dunc getting the job, but guiding us through Christmas period with positive results and still being in at least half the cup competitions, surely would become a serious candidate.

Is this because of an in depth knowledge of his tactical acumen or is it because he isn’t some fancy foreign manager whose names both end in o? Alex Ferguson did ok and he was a jock?

Crazy how precious Our fans have become to demand a certain style of football. I just want to win. That style of football we apparently all demand is what’s been at the helm of these appalling long Term appointments the last few years (allardyce aside, who actually did the best job). Can’t stand this possession based football and moving the ball from side to side. The two best teams in the league right now press and play fast and direct. That’s the style for me and dunc can serve that up!

Alex Ferguson, Bill shankly, Brian Clough, even pep guardiola had no glittering trophy laden cv before they transformed their football clubs. Why do we think our next manager has to be just that????

Alex Ferguson, Bill shankly, Brian Clough, even pep guardiola had no glittering trophy laden cv before they transformed their football clubs. Why do we think our next manager has to be just that????

Shankly was just before my time, but Ferguson won leagues, cups and European trophies with Aberdeen, and Clough won the league with Derby.

Crazy how precious Our fans have become to demand a certain style of football. I just want to win. That style of football we apparently all demand is what’s been at the helm of these appalling long Term appointments the last few years (allardyce aside, who actually did the best job). Can’t stand this possession based football and moving the ball from side to side. The two best teams in the league right now press and play fast and direct. That’s the style for me and dunc can serve that up!
Fully agree mate we aren’t that type of team. In your face hard aggression fast direct play winning the 50/50 and second balls that’s what we are. Yes it’s Pretty this possession based barca style but you need the right players the right manager and time to get it right. We haven’t got the players or certainly enough of them, definitely haven’t had the right manager and the fans aren’t willing to give enough time Because what’s gone on the last 25 years. I am not getting carried away with just 1 performance. I need to see that just wasn’t a one performance because a new man as took temporary charge. I need to see that against Man U, however I also know where missing key players so I will also take that into account.

Couldnt give one about the style of football we play as long as we win but if I was gunna pick a style id rather we play like we did last week, might not be pretty but the fight of the team last week is what gets goodison going

Status
Not open for further replies.