Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Osman was a little different because he suffered a very bad injury at a key stage in his development. I also think Holgate was surplus to requirements, but the failure to bring in a CB has meant he was required in the squad.

i‘m a huge fan of Jonjo Kenny but we are not a team who send players on loan to develop. We needed a RB yet Kenny was dispatched to Germany. That says lots to me. I might be wrong, but I doubt Kenny was in Silva/Brands plans. Situations change of course.

Hopefully with Silva gone the new manager will want him back. Personally I see Sidibe/Kenny as the 2 right backs next season. Coleman for me is passed his best and as with the coaching situation we need to move away from sentiment. If we get European football we will need to decent RB.

Hopefully with Silva gone the new manager will want him back. Personally I see Sidibe/Kenny as the 2 right backs next season. Coleman for me is passed his best and as with the coaching situation we need to move away from sentiment. If we get European football we will need to decent RB.

...Kenny has had a taste of regular 1st team football, he might also have settled in Germany. I can’t see him being keen to come back as a no2 no2. I know he’s under contract, but players force moves these days.

Personally, I’d be very surprised if Kenny is an Everton player next season.

...Kenny has had a taste of regular 1st team football, he might also have settled in Germany. I can’t see him being keen to come back as a no2 no2. I know he’s under contract, but players force moves these days.

I think he might come back with a chance of being first choice. Hopefully the new manager will like what he sees. A lot could happen between now and then. If any of the 3 pick up a serious injury the goal posts will move again. His form could also drop off and neither us or Schalke might want him and we could end up with a 'Garbutt' situation. Let's hope not.

I think he might come back with a chance of being first choice. Hopefully the new manager will like what he sees. A lot could happen between now and then. If any of the 3 pick up a serious injury the goal posts will move again. His form could also drop off and neither us or Schalke might want him and we could end up with a 'Garbutt' situation. Let's hope not.

....I suspect Kenny has done more than enough to ensure he doesn’t end up like Garbutt. The lad has a great attitude to playing.

Well we really don’t know the pre season discussions about Kenny. Apparently Championship clubs wanted him on loan but he/ we weren’t interested. Wagner obviously sold Schalke to him with a guarantee he would get a crack at first team football. We need two RBs , last season and start of this Kenny wasn’t seen as the No1 No2 , to me it would be silly if we didn’t get him back for preseason under a new manager and take it from there. The choice would then be if we buy Sidibe , if so let Kenny go but at the moment he’s currently the best player out on loan we’ve had for many years.

Well we really don’t know the pre season discussions about Kenny. Apparently Championship clubs wanted him on loan but he/ we weren’t interested. Wagner obviously sold Schalke to him with a guarantee he would get a crack at first team football. We need two RBs , last season and start of this Kenny wasn’t seen as the No1 No2 , to me it would be silly if we didn’t get him back for preseason under a new manager and take it from there. The choice would then be if we buy Sidibe , if so let Kenny go but at the moment he’s currently the best player out on loan we’ve had for many years.

...yep, I agree he’s the best we’ve had on loan. The key reason for that is he’s clearly playing so well, which says as much about his attitude as it does about his ability.

Fair point about the new manager wanting a look at him, similar to Zouma with Chelsea this season. Brands will also have an opinion, of course.

...yep, I agree he’s the best we’ve had on loan. The key reason for that is he’s clearly playing so well, which says as much about his attitude as it does about his ability.

Fair point about the new manager wanting a look at him, similar to Zouma with Chelsea this season. Brands will also have an opinion, of course.

I think if Ferguson got the job permanently Kenny would be someone he would be keen to have around the squad.

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match in 1-0 home win over Eintracht Frankfurt

Seemed to have had a pretty good game from the fan 'marks' post-match.

"Kenny, incredible how he fought and tried to play on the front foot."
"I love him. Not just a fighting machine but also got game intelligence."
"I love him too. I would put down 20 million for him straight away."
"Complete player. Good technique, always aware and hardly ever makes a mistake."
"If we could keep him it would be the best transfer of the last decade."
"When you watch him, he looks totally blown after 30 minutes. But then he carries on into the 50-50s without hesitation... I don't think Everton thought he would develop like he has."

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match in 1-0 home win over Eintracht Frankfurt

"Complete player. Good technique, always aware and hardly ever makes a mistake."
"When you watch him, he looks totally blown after 30 minutes. But then he carries on into the 50-50s without hesitation... I don't think Everton thought he would develop like he has."

JJK seems to be a standout performer almost every game. Maybe going to be in the Bundesliga Team of the Season if he keeps this up.

German Bundesliga

plenty of us who've been watching him from 15 knew he had a great chance of being a first team regular if he was given a proper chance

Status
Not open for further replies.