Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think a lot of the doubts about him are driven by him having not taken on a roll like the one at Everton before, or certainly not since possibly his jobs pre Juventus and that's 20 years ago, so I can kind of see where the shouts about him not being the right man stem from.

With that said, we'd be utterly mental to turn our noses up at a proven winner and if we somehow convinced him to come it'd at least be a sign that someone with half a brain was making decisions. Any new manager is always going to be a risk, but I'd rather take that risk with Ancelotti than David Moyes and the majority of the other names linked.
Was this deliberate?

If Guardiola decided to join Everton as manager there would be those who wouldn't want him.

Ancelotti would be a poke in the eye for the media who think we should operate within the range they have chosen for us.

However, I must say that I will hold a healthy scepticism until I see him holding up the jersey and admitting that he has been a closet Evertonian for years, what a great ground Goodison is and what knowledgable fans Evertonians are.

I still think Emery may have a part to play and when he left PSG and before joining Arsenal he was my first choice as manager and if it were him I would be more than happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.