Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kirkdale Cafu (havent seen this posted)

Played every game for a top 4 team in a top European league. Decent record. Can he tap up that Amine Harit while he's there? Looks decent.

The Kirkdale Cafu (havent seen this posted)

He's been improving all season. That was about two months ago that assessment. I see a lad brimming with confidence, crisp passing, full of attacking intent and busting a gut to get behind the ball when caught upfield. Defensively he's about as good as Coleman or Baines have been - which is to say not top quality. But he's more aggressive than either of those two. When Sidibe goes back Kenny will be an improvement on him, and he hasn't done too bad since coming in Sidibe.

He's been improving all season. That was about two months ago that assessment. I see a lad brimming with confidence, crisp passing, full of attacking intent and busting a gut to get behind the ball when caught upfield. Defensively he's about as good as Coleman or Baines have been - which is to say not top quality. But he's more aggressive than either of those two. When Sidibe goes back Kenny will be an improvement on him, and he hasn't done too bad since coming in Sidibe.

Thanks for that update Dave. Sounds like the ideal loan and, as I'm sure you'll agree, a great bit of work by Brands getting him in there.

:zzz: never change, Dave.

Actually, not sure why I say that, you never do.
A bit like

A scorpion, which cannot swim, asks a frog to carry it across a river on its back. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argues that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion, but midway across the river the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature

From Wikipedia

Championship
Hull City - Josh Bowler started on the bench and came on in the second half of a 2-2 away draw with Charlton Athletic

OS Match Report
"The change almost paid dividends just 75 seconds after the restart as the substitute sent a low ball into the middle for Bowen, but his first-time effort was blocked."

Matthew Pennington was an unused substitute in the same game.

...I actually suspect he is on the ’for sale’ list. Silva made it clear we were after a new RB, if they really rated Kenny he wouldn’t be on loan, he’d be in the team. That’s my logic anyway.

I would normally agree with you but Holgate was in a similar position last season so it depends what happens with the rest of the loan. Of the players out on loan he is the one who is most likely to do an 'Osman'.

I would normally agree with you but Holgate was in a similar position last season so it depends what happens with the rest of the loan. Of the players out on loan he is the one who is most likely to do an 'Osman'.

....Osman was a little different because he suffered a very bad injury at a key stage in his development. I also think Holgate was surplus to requirements, but the failure to bring in a CB has meant he was required in the squad.

i‘m a huge fan of Jonjo Kenny but we are not a team who send players on loan to develop. We needed a RB yet Kenny was dispatched to Germany. That says lots to me. I might be wrong, but I doubt Kenny was in Silva/Brands plans. Situations change of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.