Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to think of anyone deserving of the man of the match. None of them would get a rating of over 5, most would get a 3/4

As embarrassing a performance as I've seen in a long time against the rs reserves who didn't even get out of 2nd gear to paste us.

Obly person in the whole 11 who wasn't a complete and utter disgrace was Richarlison, he didn't even have a good game but he tried. Fancy having that many players in a derby when you can drop into the bottom 3 not giving anything

Times like this you wish it was like footy manager don't you and you can literally just sell every single of them

Struggling to think of anyone deserving of the man of the match. None of them would get a rating of over 5, most would get a 3/4

As embarrassing a performance as I've seen in a long time against the rs reserves who didn't even get out of 2nd gear to paste us.

It was up there like, 5-2 flattered us. They´ve not blown a team away for a long time even with their first choice 11, says a lot about us.

Obly person in the whole 11 who wasn't a complete and utter disgrace was Richarlison, he didn't even have a good game but he tried. Fancy having that many players in a derby when you can drop into the bottom 3 not giving anything

Times like this you wish it was like footy manager don't you and you can literally just sell every single of them

Apparently they are all still playing for Silva though mate........ I'd hate to see what it would be like if they had downed tools

It’s also a monumental gamble to put more transfer budget in at a time that could eventually see us bankrupt if we go down.

I do worry that the financial fair play is looming for us at some point with the income we have as a club being pretty low in comparison to others.
It seems it is the devil and the deep blue sea .I see what you are saying but we have to change something in the squad ,even a blind man can see this side is not getting better. I remember Man U going down when they were too good to go down ,if I remember correctly it was Denis Law that did the final nail.

We've been second best to them for most of my life. But even in the dark days I could usually name a couple of our players who would be good enough to make their first team. Right now, can you name me one of our players who would make their team?

We've been second best to them for most of my life. But even in the dark days I could usually name a couple of our players who would be good enough to make their first team. Right now, can you name me one of our players who would make their team?
pickford, coleman, keane, holgate, mina, digne, gomes, delph, davies, siggy, iwolbi, bernard, richarlson, walcott, dcl, keane, tosun.

Maybe not as skilful, but none of them are kopites which means they are worth more.

I've left myself off the forum until this morning.
Went to the game, just going to make a few points. Not sure if its been mentioned but it wasn't great getting in last night. Roughed up steward tactics, I know we all get searched at games but they really were taking the mick. Big crowds and pushing and shoving of women and children. It wasn't right and as a club Liverpool should know more than anyone to not allow situations where people were getting crushed outside. It needs bringing up.

The game itself I thought was totally bizarre. When I saw their team I thought it was a massive gamble and one we could take advantage of. When I saw our team I thought it was negative, lacked pace and was set up for a draw. If I was Silva, when I got the team sheet, I'd have gone straight to 4-4-2 (you cant change a team only tactics) pushed Sidibe right wing and gone two up top. We invited pressure and conceded four shocking goals, from four shots they had, it was bizarre, Pickford didn't have a save to make yet conceded four times. I missed Rich's goal as I went for a pint but the game was done at 3-1. The third goal was a farce, three centre halves, pone long ball, goal. They started to argue with each other so you then know everything tactically and player wise has gone and the manager has lost it. Keane or Holgate should have been dragged off, I felt for Sidibe. Bernard is a must to start games. Second half we never gave it a go, ok had Kean scored it gives a fun 5 minutes, but we never got into them from the off. We are a scared team, lacking in confidence. It has to change today.
I have seen the incidents when I got home. Its difficult to judge at the match but - Robertson - why wasn't this reviewed? How did TAA stay on the pitch and why wasn't it reviewed and finally, DCL (by the way one of the worst strikers I've ever seen) but its a penalty all day and a probable red card? That makes the game 2-2 against ten men...…… why wasn't this looked at?

Everton FC, you got hammered by a team who missed two of their three midfielders and two of their three strikers. Congratulations

I've left myself off the forum until this morning.
Went to the game, just going to make a few points. Not sure if its been mentioned but it wasn't great getting in last night. Roughed up steward tactics, I know we all get searched at games but they really were taking the mick. Big crowds and pushing and shoving of women and children. It wasn't right and as a club Liverpool should know more than anyone to not allow situations where people were getting crushed outside. It needs bringing up.

The game itself I thought was totally bizarre. When I saw their team I thought it was a massive gamble and one we could take advantage of. When I saw our team I thought it was negative, lacked pace and was set up for a draw. If I was Silva, when I got the team sheet, I'd have gone straight to 4-4-2 (you cant change a team only tactics) pushed Sidibe right wing and gone two up top. We invited pressure and conceded four shocking goals, from four shots they had, it was bizarre, Pickford didn't have a save to make yet conceded four times. I missed Rich's goal as I went for a pint but the game was done at 3-1. The third goal was a farce, three centre halves, pone long ball, goal. They started to argue with each other so you then know everything tactically and player wise has gone and the manager has lost it. Keane or Holgate should have been dragged off, I felt for Sidibe. Bernard is a must to start games. Second half we never gave it a go, ok had Kean scored it gives a fun 5 minutes, but we never got into them from the off. We are a scared team, lacking in confidence. It has to change today.
I have seen the incidents when I got home. Its difficult to judge at the match but - Robertson - why wasn't this reviewed? How did TAA stay on the pitch and why wasn't it reviewed and finally, DCL (by the way one of the worst strikers I've ever seen) but its a penalty all day and a probable red card? That makes the game 2-2 against ten men...…… why wasn't this looked at?

Everton FC, you got hammered by a team who missed two of their three midfielders and two of their three strikers. Congratulations
What's the good news mate

Status
Not open for further replies.