2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if you’re a glass half full or half empty type of guy.

we weren’t rubbish yesterday. Far from it. Ok, we were playing one of the worst sides in the league, but a lot of our build up play and passing was good. We also created a lot of chances and had a good amount of shots.

We should’ve finished more of them and it was annoying when they scored after we’d been so dominant. They’d be the major criticisms.

however, we are low on confidence, have several key players out injured and have promising youngsters playing who are still learning the game.

try to focus on the positives. We won away. The players are still playing for the manager. We’re creating more. We look energetic. Central defense is looking better and we at last have some competition up front.

yes, we may lose a lot of those games in December and Silva May still end up sacked by Christmas. But how many did you have us winning in the last 10 games of last season?

let’s just see what happens. They might surprise you. You do want us to win right?
Absolutely; but if Silva remains in charge we will struggle to do just that.

Supporting Everton is no joke, I get that.

But some people dont ever take joy from us winning games, baffles me, we win and they are talking about games we lost weeks ago, games we have yet to play, just enjoy the footy, if we win, enjoy it for what it is.

I enjoyed it as the final whistle went. Like any win.
But the cold hard truth is our wins this season are currently 3 of the bottom 5.
We're not very good. No point coming on an Everton forum and trying to put lipstick on a pig.

You do live in a parallel universe.

Schneiderlin passed 77% of his passes forward.
We had 24 shots to their 3.
We controlled the game for 80minutes.

I also dont see any reason why we cant beat Leicester, home or away, Liverpool is a different story, they are very much our bogey side and are probably the best team in the league, only a fool would say we can defo win, but only the worst kind of Everton fan would write the game off as a defeat before a ball is even kicked.

Stop supporting Everton if it brings you so much misery.
Schniderfraud stats for one game does not negate his body of work.

I struggle to see it any different.

A few on here that usually I share similar opinions with on have warmed to him.

genuinely would like to know what I a missing.

yesterday i did have to give him bit of credit for a couple of balls played.

I’m just not ready to forget or maybe I really just can’t see it.

I broke out the french fancies last night dont worry.

The food of Gods.
Schniderfraud stats for one game does not negate his body of work.

I struggle to see it any different.

A few on here that usually I share similar opinions with on have warmed to him.

genuinely would like to know what I a missing.

yesterday i did have to give him bit of credit for a couple of balls played.

I’m just not ready to forget or maybe I really just can’t see it.

Hes not good enough, but hes not always as bad as most make out.

The food of Gods.

I think maybe it might be that I just don’t trust him.

someone willing to turn it off or quit on teammates as we have witnessed, is hard to see anything he may offer as an asset.

At the end of the day with or without schniderfraud if we able to turn a corner and start stringing together sowins I’m good.

trusting him will take some serious time

Absolutely; but if Silva remains in charge we will struggle to do just that.
Ok, well if he doesn’t then he may end up going.

it’s effectively up to him now. The players have put the effort in for him during the last 5 games (all comps), producing 3 wins and a draw. That’s decent. Plus the games we didn’t win we were done over rather harshly by VAR. personally I’m seeing a manager who’s turning it around rather than waiting to be sacked.

I’m not against sacking managers but I think there has to be good a reason to do it. Like when the players had given up under Martínez and Koeman and were hanging the manager out to dry every week. I don’t see that happening at the moment.

plus if Silva does make it to 2 full seasons (and then goes) we’ll show possible new managers we’re willing to give someone a chance rather than just firing them at the first sign of danger.

however, I’d rather Silva turn it around and achieve some success here.

I think maybe it might be that I just don’t trust him.

someone willing to turn it off or quit on teammates as we have witnessed, is hard to see anything he may offer as an asset.

At the end of the day with or without schniderfraud if we able to turn a corner and start stringing together sowins I’m good.

trusting him will take some serious time

His Everton career was pretty much over when him and Mirallas had that training ground thingy.

If he wasnt on disgusting wages he would have been sold a long time ago and of course we need him now due to injuries.

Ive said it before, but his last season at Saints he was for me the best in the league. Got his big move to United, flopped there, came here and looked a REAL player, for 3 or 4 months, since then hes been mostly average, with a few spells of terrible.

Hes on a very, very long list of players that need replacing as soon as we possibly can.

The food of Gods.

He is really bad mate, whichever way you look at it.

From selection to tactics to not knowing what our strength are. The second season should be mark down as the season which his blueprint bears fruit. What he produce is simply rotten at the moment.

Btw, are we really going after Moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.