Us and luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Specifically on broken legs.

In recent memory there’s been Bryan Oviedo, James McCarthy, Seamus Coleman and now Andre Gomes.

Relatively recently before that there was Ross Barkley and Victor Anichebe.

Even Neville Southall had a freak leg break.

We do seem to suffer this more than most.

Arsenal had a few bad ones over the years too, Edwardo being particularly bad. I said yesterday that since Oviedo there's only been 3 really bad looking ones happen to PL players all Everton players .

Reactions: Lao
Waiting for someone to blame Duncan Ferguson's coaching.

It is a seemingly high number of horror injuries and I can't think of many other clubs who've had such a high number. Arsenal had Ramsey and Eduardo pretty close together but that's pretty much all I can think of for one club.

It's thankfully not a very common thing to see happen, there's only been a handfull that I can think of off the top of my head I. The PL David Bust, the 2 arsenal ones, Nilis, Cisse and our bunch. I may have missed some not bothered googling it don't want to have to see that kind of stuff before bed.

Didn't Arteta, Jags and Yakubu pretty much all have the same injury in a runup to the FA Cup final? I recall it being "a freak injury" that just so happened to occur more than once.

Says a lot about that squad that we managed to reach the cup final and finish 5th without Arteta and Yakubu for large parts of the season.

The club has been league champions as both World Wars broke out and assembled it's finest ever side and Heysel occured.

That's without all the dreadful decisions, injuries and freak occurances that have prevented a greater trophy haul.

The club has and always will be cursed and I have no idea what happened to make this a reality.

The club has been league champions as both World Wars broke out and assembled it's finest ever side and Heysel occured.

That's without all the dreadful decisions, injuries and freak occurances that have prevented a greater trophy haul.

The club has and always will be cursed and I have no idea what happened to make this a reality.

We are obviously due a dynasty if success unrivaled that will eclipse all records and success of any clubs gone before. The woe is me mentality at the club has to change, and it has to begin with the fans. COYB

We are obviously due a dynasty if success unrivaled that will eclipse all records and success of any clubs gone before. The woe is me mentality at the club has to change, and it has to begin with the fans. COYB

It doesn't begin with the fans.
It begins with the owner and strong management.

They have the resources and the power to alter the perception of Everton.
Not enough is being done and hasn't been since Kenwright became a significant figurehead.

Soccer is beyond cutthroat now, and you need characters with both charm and terrifying aggression (see Sir Alex, Guardiola and Klopp).

Silva is too passive. I would have been raging and making an absolute scene out of the VAR garbage these past 3 games and calling this so called game a fix.

The only reason for not doing so imo, is because that is exactly what it is. Fixed.

And that is more terrifying a reality than any bad luck.

don't you create your own luck ??

we seem very good at creating our own bad luck that's for sure

This. Don't wanna play the woe-is-us game, but what odds the amount of "bad luck" this club has had? Obviously in current times that feeling is exacerbated by enviously seeing the other lot doing so well.

Amazes me the amount of injuries, bad injuries, we have had happen to key Everton players over the past two decades, and the RS stars over the same period, just seem to keep chugging along. Mane, Firmino, Salah, van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson seemingly can play 50+ games a season and look as fresh as pre-season for the next fixture.

Anichebe, Vaughan, Yakubu, Arteta, Barkley, Pienaar and Baines for periods of time, Oviedo, McCarthy, Bolasie, Coleman, Gbamin, Bernard, Andre Gomes..... the list goes on.

Specifically on broken legs.

In recent memory there’s been Bryan Oviedo, James McCarthy, Seamus Coleman and now Andre Gomes.

Relatively recently before that there was Ross Barkley and Victor Anichebe.

Even Neville Southall had a freak leg break.

We do seem to suffer this more than most.

Someone tell the lunch lady to up the calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.