Homepage Article Marco Silva on Spurs/VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Marco Silva praised his teams spirit for the manner in which they responded to equalise against 10-men Spurs in Sunday’s 1-1 draw and believes Everton deserved more than Spurs.

In a game riddled with contentious refereeing from Martin Atkinson and VAR interruptions, although Marco Silva queried the length of the VAR stoppages, he believes the club need to respect the decisions.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Marco Silva said: “We showed fantastic team spirit. If you can talk about the game, because it’s the most important thing even if this afternoon was really tough to play because of many, many stops which didn’t help the game at all.

“I think we deserved a little bit more. Second half we were more balanced and had more of the ball. One mistake, one counter attack, maybe the only time they got near our box they scored. When you make those mistakes it’s always a problem.

“We reacted and showed that...

Continue reading...

Terrible interview that Spurs are low on confidence too An was missing Kane. It was a great chance to beat them an we messed up.

I don’t no how much more time Silva should be given. The only worry for me is if he was to get the sack who would come in. I don’t think a top Manager would so we would be left with a large Sam situation again an am not sure any of us want that.

Apparently calls for VAR to be suspended in the league from jan 1st apart for offsides.

think it should be gone altogether

they can't even get offsides right, that Liverpool one over the weekend was terrible, they used a bent line to justify the decision

be gone with it all and spend the time and money training the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.