Nine years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue61

I panda to nobody
Since we last won a derby, an absolutely shocking statistic. I remember growing up in the 70's when we didn't win one for 7 years, and was there the day Andy King stopped the rot, in an era when Liverpool had won everything for years. I genuinely can't see where the next one is coming from. Happy 'derby misery day' everyone.

Since we last won a derby, an absolutely shocking statistic. I remember growing up in the 70's when we didn't win one for 7 years, and was there the day Andy King stopped the rot, in an era when Liverpool had won everything for years. I genuinely can't see where the next one is coming from. Happy 'derby misery day' everyone.

Who was the manager that day?

Wow! That was just over 40 years, or so, ago. I remember being at the game with my brother and the atmosphere was brilliant. Then King went on to score the equaliser at Anfield later in the season.

Interesting that out of the Clubs who finished that season in the top five, only Everton and Liverpool are in the Premier League. The other three being Leeds Utd, WBA, and Nottingham Forest. I think Villa or Ipswich may have finished 6th.

Sorry... went on a bit of a nostalgia trip there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.