Homepage Article Are we really that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before, Silva is using this squad so bad and in the wrong way that he's convinced people we haven't got a good team. We have a squad that COULD achieve top 6 especially this season with the way it's shaping out for Arsenal/Spurs/United we have a very good chance if we didn't fluff such an easy start.
This is the most talented Everton team that I've witnessed since the Smith tenure.
Not for me. Which of our squad would walk into the RS/Spurs/City/Chelsea first team? Barely anyone. Richarlison and Digne might make the bench. To quote ‘Arry Redknapp..........we’re bang average, with a bang average manager.

Not for me. Which of our squad would walk into the RS/Spurs/City/Chelsea first team? Barely anyone. Richarlison and Digne might make the bench. To quote ‘Arry Redknapp..........we’re bang average, with a bang average manager.
We’re actually have an above average squad, with a below average manager. If we appointed a good manager, we'd be in a much better position!

We seem to have a fair few wide options and nothing much in the middle. I think we are lacking right the way through the spine of the team. We lack players who can offer us something different.

do we not play through the middle because the players are no good or are the centre players being marginalised because we just hoof it diagonally

Let's be honest we've assembled a complete mish mash of half decent players..

Whoever thought this lot would work and challenge at the top is miss informed.

That's not to say a decent coach couldn't get us to about 12th though.

It's going to be a horrible season this

Fully agree, even when the top 6 have poor seasons we are miles off.
There are so many blue tinted specs out there, people seem to think we have a great team, there are better players at some of the lesser teams that we ridicule just because they aren’t at Everton.
Our CB, midfield and CF are average.
If you looked honestly, You could probably pick one player at every club in the league that would make our starting line up yet people seem to think we have the 7th best squad in the league.
Digne is the only player that could possibly get near a top 6 team. I couldn’t honestly name another.
remember when they used to pick the best 11 out of us and the ones across the park and a lot would put 5 or 6 blues in it, I bet after Burnley some of our fans would still do it

Let's be honest we've assembled a complete mish mash of half decent players..

Whoever thought this lot would work and challenge at the top is miss informed.

That's not to say a decent coach couldn't get us to about 12th though.

It's going to be a horrible season this
mish-mash, perfect. I've been using the phrase "island of misfit toys." they can all be quality players but if they don't suit the preferred style (or vice versa), then you get what we have: a squad that is far better than the sum of their parts

do we not play through the middle because the players are no good or are the centre players being marginalised because we just hoof it diagonally
everyone talks about going through the middle (I do too btw), but quite frankly, Iwobi is the first decent signing we've made that can actually execute on this strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.