2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at some from one Summer window to the next.
You basically mean maguire. These transfers are outliers, they don’t set the benchmark in the way people think they do. That’s why those transfers happened after van dijk, who lets not forget was just a good centre half from Southampton at the time that lot bought him, not the superstar he is now.

All brands can conjure up is ginger davey..

This gon be gud

I like to imagine Marcel Brands reads GOT and is currently googling "What is a David Moyes?". I cannot for one second believe a manager who's CV since leaving Everton is United's worst finish since 1989, midtable in La Liga, relegated with Sunderland, scraping by with West Ham and sitting on his arse for 18 months is under consideration.

Likewise I want to see one of those interviews he did for the website with @davek asking the questions. Somebody's head would explode and I'm not sure who would pop first.

You basically mean maguire. These transfers are outliers, they don’t set the benchmark in the way people think they do. That’s why those transfers happened after van dijk, who lets not forget was just a good centre half from Southampton at the time that lot bought him, not the superstar he is now.
And how much did Palace refuse from us for Zaha?

And how much did Palace refuse from us for Zaha?
That’s not relevant to the point though. Premier league clubs don’t have to sell on the cheap because of the tv deal, they haven’t for years. None of the examples we’re talking about came from the premier league though. As I’ve already said, I have no doubt that there will have been equivalent signings this year too, but it’s not clear who they are yet because it’s so early in the season.

Brands hailed as the great hope. The Don etc. left us short at center back and awful upfront.

Not as cool or capable as we thought.

His performance needs looking at along with that clown Silva.

that squad is capable enough of getting 5/6/7, the next phase would be adding the CB, striker and a bit more quality for a further push next year

the incapable tit who puts out the same team, tactics and formation week in week out has ruined any hope of us pushing on

that squad is capable enough of getting 5/6/7, the next phase would be adding the CB, striker and a bit more quality for a further push next year

the incapable tit who puts out the same team, tactics and formation week in week out has ruined any hope of us pushing on

Youre saying the SQUAD is top 5 / 6 / 7 ?

Just cant get my head around how thats possible with 2 decent defenders / 2 decent centre mids / 2 kids upfront...

Id say 8th / 9th.

Absolutely mindblowing stuff re: good enough for 5/6/7.

Please look how many points off 6th place we have finished in recent seasons. It is considerable every year.

To bridge that gap you need to improve.

This summer we let 2 of our best players go and brought in modest/no replacements.

THAT is why we will be nowhere near 6th, we finished 8th last year and have not improved the squad.

Mourinho/Ferguson/Howard would not get this ragtag bunch into 6th.

Although I agree Silva is useless. But I dont think anyone would do better than 7/8th with this mess of a squad.

Absolutely mindblowing stuff re: good enough for 5/6/7.

Please look how many points off 6th place we have finished in recent seasons. It is considerable every year.

To bridge that gap you need to improve.

This summer we let 2 of our best players go and brought in modest/no replacements.

THAT is why we will be nowhere near 6th, we finished 8th last year and have not improved the squad.

Mourinho/Ferguson/Howard would not get this ragtag bunch into

All three in their primes would push this squad higher make no mistake, the former two certainly would now

Just cant get my head around how thats possible with 2 decent defenders / 2 decent centre mids / 2 kids upfront...

Id say 8th / 9th.
Yep, we finished 16 points behind Arsenal in 5th last season. Since then our biggest signing is someone they didn't want anymore because they've just upgraded on him, and yet people are saying we should be overtaking them. Unreal.

Id say 8th / 9th.

because Utd and Arsenal are not as good as people think and Spurs are in free fall. Just because you have 2 CBS means nothing, the RS have one in essence because the others are garbage.

and there enough creativity in that team to easily create a multitude of problems for teams, we all know we do not have a top slotter to score but that does not stop chances being created, which we don’t.

The fact that they’re being deployed wrong is the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.