Homepage Article The future of Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are asking for change but Marco Silva’s number one belief in football is organisation, he believes a side must be well drilled in a strict system 4231. Each player is aware of their exact role in every phase of play. So Richarlison will know exactly he should be no matter who or where the ball is on the pitch.

The offence is mainly counter attack or possession based pressure building (like Man City). The use with Silvas counter is that the ball is worked wide towards say RW Richarlison, the centre forward Moise Kean should dove tail between the near defending LB and LCB then support should arrive from our full back Coleman and one of the two midfielders Gbamin/Gomes while Delph sits. Therefore we would have four players overloading the RW area.

Unfortunately the system is flawed when Gomes or Gbamin aren’t playing, the full back isn’t supporting (Coleman). Now we know Gbamin is nowhere near match fitness and Gomes seems to have a underlying issue. Silva will change some of his sessions but he will not change the shape (organisation) of the side even though we have no centre midfielder capable of doing the job he requires.

He has a strict philosophy and he will keep playing his way until he is sacked or the results improve. Long term he isn’t versatile enough to be a top manager in England.

West ham will be critical for him if as its a home game that he must win to survive in my opinion.
Thing is we said that about Burnley, and the idiot is still here, losing to West Ham is no worse, lose that and it will be Brighton is must win....etc the time to go has come, there wont be a better time then now.

Wow, just read a statistic I had heard of but never really gave it more thought...

Everton have now lost ALL 20 MATCHES when we have conceded the first goal under Marco...

This is beyond acceptable in no other terms... Maybe the run in of last season just papered over the cracks and I genuinely thought he'd turn it around but I'm realising now, it's not gonna happen...

Geez Louise was I naive!?!

Thing is we said that about Burnley, and the idiot is still here, losing to West Ham is no worse, lose that and it will be Brighton is must win....etc the time to go has come, there wont be a better time then now.
It's very very concerning that we are not acting... Very worrying.

Wow, just read a statistic I had heard of but never really gave it more thought...

Everton have now lost ALL 20 MATCHES when we have conceded the first goal under Marco...

This is beyond acceptable in no other terms... Maybe the run in of last season just papered over the cracks and I genuinely thought he'd turn it around but I'm realising now, it's not gonna happen...

He had these stats at hull and Watford too.

This isn't a new thing, yet he was employed by our owner.

I have zero faith in them sorting this out. Or If they do, I don't think they will employ the right candidate either

This team are in for a giant battle to stay in this league this season.

Well that's just not true. The truth really really isn't much better, but we haven't lost EVERY match when going behind, we've just not won one after conceding first. But also something terrble like only 4 draws and the rest losses.

That can’t be right......I distinctly remember being at Goodison the midweek after Pickfordgate and we came from behind to earn a 1-1 draw with the Barcodes.

But that is just pure nitpicking me saying that.....that is the only occasion I remember us gaining owt from a losing position since he came here.

An incredible statistic if ever there was one,

Under Silva, we are effectively beaten when the other team scores first.

That can’t be right......I distinctly remember being at Goodison the midweek after Pickfordgate and we came from behind to earn a 1-1 draw with the Barcodes.

But that is just pure nitpicking me saying that.....that is the only occasion I remember us gaining owt from a losing position since he came here.

An incredible statistic if ever there was one,

Under Silva, we are effectively beaten when the other team scores first.
I think we are beaten as a silva team before we even get on the pitch these days

He'll get up to, but not including, the Watford cup match. By then we should be firmly in the bottom three and Silva will be out the door; the fans hoping that David Unsworth can lead us to victory against the Hornets, while we wait for a permanent manager to be appointed. "Play the youth Davey, lad. Play the youth. Yer one of us, we'll not slaughter you for it Davey, lad". But we will.

However you dress it up with unlucky injuries or squad imbalance, this club should not be losing meekly to Villa, Bournemouth, Sheff United at home!, and Burnley. That is a sackable offence in anyones book.

The 2 victories have been unconvincing.

I wonder how much damage the loss of his assistant manager was. Since Boa Morte has come in we have played one dimensionally and predictably too.

Change is needed. Change in necessary.

I expect Brands has had a quite word with a few managers agents. I would expect someone who isn't currently in the bookmakers favourites.

Links to Van Bommel are in someways to be expected given the PSV connection.

Whatever happens next simply has to be a positive move. The club really is on a knife edge with talks of a fabulous new stadium and challenging at the top, whilst in reality the club continues to flirt near the bottom and play atrocious, pilling on more misery to it's success starved fanbase.

Yes I agree with all of that. and Van Bommel could be an astute move.

People are asking for change but Marco Silva’s number one belief in football is organisation, he believes a side must be well drilled in a strict system 4231. Each player is aware of their exact role in every phase of play. So Richarlison will know exactly he should be no matter who or where the ball is on the pitch.

The offence is mainly counter attack or possession based pressure building (like Man City). The use with Silvas counter is that the ball is worked wide towards say RW Richarlison, the centre forward Moise Kean should dove tail between the near defending LB and LCB then support should arrive from our full back Coleman and one of the two midfielders Gbamin/Gomes while Delph sits. Therefore we would have four players overloading the RW area.

Unfortunately the system is flawed when Gomes or Gbamin aren’t playing, the full back isn’t supporting (Coleman). Now we know Gbamin is nowhere near match fitness and Gomes seems to have a underlying issue. Silva will change some of his sessions but he will not change the shape (organisation) of the side even though we have no centre midfielder capable of doing the job he requires.

He has a strict philosophy and he will keep playing his way until he is sacked or the results improve. Long term he isn’t versatile enough to be a top manager in England.

The problem is, every other team knows what we're trying to do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.