Homepage Article The future of Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It does not take a Pep Guardiola to win games in the Premier League. Currently, Roy Hodgson and Sean Dyche are 4th and 5th in the Premier League. It is widely accepted that they are both not ‘elite managers’ but they are very good at what they do and everything that they do has a logical plan to it."
tenor.gif

Still baffled what he has done to get a job like Everton , never really been that sure of him myself, but don't think they will sack him just yet, and in fairness i am sure if he could have been given a centre half and established striker that we have needed since the end of last season , we wouldn't be sitting were we are.
The board are in a bit of a dilemma they will want to give him time but they cant let it drift performance wise as we have been, let's face it it's not because we are unlucky we are not picking up points, they are not playing well even pre season.
He will have to show signs quickly he can turn it around, change it about tactics/player wise as we are to predictable/easy to play against.
I haven't seen anything to suggest he can do this up to now hope he proves me wrong for everybody's sake.

Still baffled what he has done to get a job like Everton , never really been that sure of him myself, but don't think they will sack him just yet, and in fairness i am sure if he could have been given a centre half and established striker that we have needed since the end of last season , we wouldn't be sitting were we are.
The board are in a bit of a dilemma they will want to give him time but they cant let it drift performance wise as we have been, let's face it it's not because we are unlucky we are not picking up points, they are not playing well even pre season.
He will have to show signs quickly he can turn it around, change it about tactics/player wise as we are to predictable/easy to play against.
I haven't seen anything to suggest he can do this up to now hope he proves me wrong for everybody's sake.

I have to admit I'm not as sure as you.

I don’t think he get sacked yet but unless Sig get dropped and we change formation the pressure will climb

Not at the sack him now stage but doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result seems to be his approach though. If he continues with that approach, even in the short term, and doesn't get the results then I will jump on the band wagon.

In America having an " intervention " seems to be the popular thing to do for somebody who is struggling in work or in life.

It seems that it starts by confronting the person with reality and if you can get them to accept that then you can move forward from there.

Something like that is needed with our manager at the moment. If he believes that picking the same team weak after weak and playing the same formation week after week and expects that somehow results are going to change significantly then definitely somebody needs to interevene… if only we had a DOF at the club.

He either has the clubs confidence or he doesn't, really.

My guess is that the relationship between Silva and Brands isn't at all like the relationship between boss and employee you would find in a traditional working environment. Silva is on a millionaires salary, I assume Brands is the same, and at that level, a manager is assumed to be competent enough to perform the role until the second the axe is wielded. The king is dead, long live the (erm... caretaker) king.

I'm sure there are targets and general reviews, but the minute Brands feels he has to sit down with Silva to discuss zonal marking and playing two holding midfielders is the time when Brands goes to the board and says we need to bin this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.