Homepage Article I still believe in Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
But apparently koeman was in a relegation battle after he got 7 points from 7 games (while playing 4 of the top 6). Why is this suddenly different other than silva has arguably got better players and had easier fixtures.
If you didn't think we was in deep turkey after Southampton smashed in 4 against us then I don't know what to say. I genuinely feared relegation after that match and I've never thought it was possible with this club until then.
I believe Silva has a chance at turning it around where Koeman didn't but it's a risky move to be taking cause if he loses today it might be another relegation fight.

In my opinion as soon as someone belittles Silvas management career they automatically lose the discussion.

Talk about rewriting history, fans at all his previous clubs really liked him (aside from after we approached Watford).

Top manager.
By saying he is a Top manager you automatically lose the argument because he obviously is not of he wouldn't be here.

In my opinion as soon as someone belittles Silvas management career they automatically lose the discussion.

Talk about rewriting history, fans at all his previous clubs really liked him (aside from after we approached Watford).

Top manager.

He needs to start acting like one then Zat instead of the tactically inept and uninspiring manager we have now. Also, just because he was 'liked' by fans of his previous clubs doesn't make him a top manager.

All successful managers were unproven at one point, but what I'm saying is that Arteta has had the very best mentor and he can apply
what he's learnt at Everton, or wherever he goes. We could go for the Pulis, Pardew, Bruce, etc type, but why would you?

You should give your hands a slap for even typing them type of managers and Everton.

His win record at Hull was 36.4%, and 30.8% at Watford.
Hull's win record for that season was 23.6%, so they improved by some margin after he took the job in January. I don't have the statistics, but his record
at Watford was quite healthy, apparently, until Everton tapped him up. Watford claim that this was the factor in their dip in form and they were compensated
financially as a result.
His record at Everton is nowhere near what we hoped for, but I still maintain that he came here with a good record in management.

Hahaha.

2 banks of 4, defensive block.

No, Burnley do not suit Everton.

Im not saying we wont win, but these are not a side you want to face when your struggling for creativity.
They come out and have a bit of a go against all but the elite.

We'll catch these on the counter attack.

0-2 Everton.

With the players we have available we are under-performing - I don't think it can go on forever. Something will change, either form will pick up (I hope) or Silva will be sacked. I am starting to lose confidence in Silva but then I'm a fickle Evertonian who thinks it's about time we had a good season.

Reading Telegraph articles from the last few weeks.

September 20th - Marco Silva says everyone at the club is giving 100%, he talked about the problem last season being unable to react to going behind in games ‘bad moments’ as though this is something we overcame.

September 23rd - Silva questions the desire and hunger of the team the players were accused of hiding on the pitch a lack of character on the pitch. Same problems as last season stark contrast to his comments days before about 100% application.

October 3rd - Silva says there’s been many recent positives, once again he says the players need to show more desire to win games.

October 5th - Marco says he has full support from Marcel. He says the players are quality but this isn’t showing as they signed late in the transfer window after his excuse he says “it’s not about finding excuses” he reiterated the players need to work harder learning from mistakes. In the same article he says the players are quality and working hard, “we will see a different level”.

Silva questions the players desire over and over again yet still explains they are working hard? Sounds to me like a group of players that he simply can’t motivate. How long should these re occurring problems continue? Crucial day today

Status
Not open for further replies.