2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, he’s been very unlucky at Bristol city. When he first joined in the January they where in play offs. And though they started to lose matches and drop out of the play off places the manager kept picking the same players. And Walsh was on the bench.

And the same at the start of last season, he finally got his chance and was very good, city fans were raving about him, he only played a handful of games and then got injured and was out for the season.

Not sure what’s happened this season as he’s not even getting on the bench, is he struggling with injuries or has he just missed the boat. I still think he will end up playing a season or two in the prem in the future.
Just looked him up -- he's gone on loan to Coventry City, and getting very good reviews form their supporters.

Wasn’t Morgan Feeney being touted as the next to make the step up to the first team? Havnt even seen him named on the bench.

He's rubbish.

There you go. I've written him off early doors so when we all eventually turn on him I can say I was right. Which of course is more important to me than Everton being good.
For once I appreciate your honesty.

Wasn’t Morgan Feeney being touted as the next to make the step up to the first team? Havnt even seen him named on the bench.
The people who post here and on Twitter who keep better tabs than me don't think he's progressed enough to really be a PL level player. You never know but Gibson and Gordon seem to be the closest right now.

It's not just Lookman. Vlasic is honestly the bigger problem right now as he's playing at a level in Russia that will see him moving back to a better league and probably to a better team than ours

I think players will break through if they're good enough and get a proper chance. The last few years at our club proper chances have only come to young players through injury. Senior players are given leeway to under perform for months on end without ever losing a spot. It would be nice if at a minimum when we are to the end of the season competing for very little we would try something new.

Bilyaletdinov was also great in Russia

...I think it’s a lot different and much more difficult for a young forward to break through because the skill set is so different. Feeney is a combative CB and a lot of the focus was because he’s a lifelong Everton season ticket holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.