Everton Youth Teams Thread

.....interesting article in The Echo where Silva says Gordon is very close to the first team, closer than any youngster during his time at Everton.

As my post above, Silva says Gordon has a similar profile to Richarlison. Unfortunately, the competition for places in those positions is strong but you can’t stop quality coming through.

I think he could make his Premier League debut by Christmas.

He goes on about the competition in those positions.... Well guess what Marco, none of that front line you keep selecting are pulling up any trees so what he should be saying is "he's knocking on the door and those in front of him are going to need to raise their game of they want to be continually in the match day squad".

We've had the total of a decent game and a half off Richarlison, same goes for Bernard, nothing off Walcott, a couple of games from Iwobi, 1 decent game from Gylfi, probably a games worth of decent play from DCL and only flashes from Kean.

He goes on about the competition in those positions.... Well guess what Marco, none of that front line you keep selecting are pulling up any trees so what he should be saying is "he's knocking on the door and those in front of him are going to need to raise their game of they want to be continually in the match day squad".

We've had the total of a decent game and a half off Richarlison, same goes for Bernard, nothing off Walcott, a couple of games from Iwobi, 1 decent game from Gylfi, probably a games worth of decent play from DCL and only flashes from Kean.

...I can’t see him being the main central striker, I imagine it’s a wide position they’re looking at but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a no10 role.

...I can’t see him being the main central striker, I imagine it’s a wide position they’re looking at but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a no10 role.

100% wouldn't be the central striker role, too young and inexperienced for that currently eggs, I was just talking in general about all our forward players.

The way he makes out "competition is strong" as if we are in some kind of top form when in reality none of them are performing to an expected level consistently.

Been thinking a fair bit about this, especially with the 3 most likely to make there debuts would be Gordon, Gibson & Adeniran.

Anthony Gordon as Silva has said, is the most likely. Could imagine when the fixtures pile up and injuries and suspensions pop up also that he could start seeing abit of time on the bench atleast around Christmas, idealy Tosun & Walcott could get fed up of sitting on the bench by January and pine for moves for first team football, although im expecting your bi-yearly Tosun - "im ready to fight for my place" comments. These 2 wouldnt really need replacing to be honest, so that could see alot of Gordon on the bench between January & season end.

Lewis Gibson - Really impressed me pre season, but in the Premier League, it is nigh on impossible to become a starting player at centre back! I think we all know Silva wanted another centre back so i'd imagine we would be looking at one in January. i think even if we had say.....Mina & Holgate missing, silva would probably go for Digne or Gbamin instead of Gibson. If we get a centre back in, in January first port of call should be a Championship loan for the lad

Dennis Adeniran - He's probably one injury away from making the bench, but this is around the point we already have 2 central midfielders out injured, and similar to Gibson, i think if we were to have a crisis of injuries, Silva would look to put someone like Sigurdsson deeper or even Iwobi or Bernard before Adeniran. Again a loan move possible as i dont see any of the midfielders leaving in January (given up on my dream of Schneiderlin ever leaving).

Europa League would of helped alot giving these young lads games or atleast time on the bench. Feel with the money we are spending i do miss seeing an acadamy product coming through

You wait for the team to play well, they left out not to break the momentum, you leave them out when they play poorly owing to too much pressure... there's never a good time.... If they good enough and they ready they need time. To me when the team is not playing well, is exactly when they should come in to give something new and old heads need to know they not irreplaceable.

Who’s the other under 18 do you think he’s talking about. @blueloon @Ring master
Sorry, only just seen this , I’m out in Japan. Yeah almost certainly Onyango, whos someone who doesn’t rely on his size but has great technique for someone so tall for his age. You’d expect both Dobbin and Onyango to make U23s starts this season if they are progressing as they should.

Sorry, only just seen this , I’m out in Japan. Yeah almost certainly Onyango, whos someone who doesn’t rely on his size but has great technique for someone so tall for his age. You’d expect both Dobbin and Onyango to make U23s starts this season if they are progressing as they should.
What’s his actual position?

Everton/England Call ups

England U21s
Tom Davies (Everton),
Friday 11 October away to Slovenia 5pm ko
Tuesday 15 October home to Austria 7.45pm ko

England U20 International
Lewis Gibson (Everton)
Thursday 10 October away to Italy 1pm ko
Monday 14 October home Czech Republic 7pm ko

England U19s- Marbella International Cup
Anthony Gordon (Everton)
Wednesday 9th October - France v England 4pm ko
Saturday 12th October - Belgium v England 3pm ko

England U17s
Reece Welch (Everton), Lewis Dobbin (Everton), Tyler Onyango (Everton),
Thursday 10 October v Germany 4pm ko
Saturday 12th October v Germany 4pm ko
yes they do play Germany 2 times in 2 days
Monday 14th Ocotber v Spain midday ko

Everton u18s v Liverpool u18s, 11am ko

McIntyre, Hosie, Welch, Dylan Thompson, Lowey, Hughes, Quirk, Onyango, Warrington, Cannon, Dobbin,
Subs Carroll, Max Thompson, Barrett,Hagan, Higgins,