Homepage Article I still believe in Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won the cup and finished third with Sporting Lisbon, won the league with Olympiacos and had good spells with Hull and Watford.

I'd like to see how he goes when all his signings are fit, but if he does go maybe Arteta could be the man. He must have learned a lot in his time with Guadiola.
He may not want to leave City yet, but if he does who else is around that you could have a lot of faith in.

He won the cup and finished third with Sporting Lisbon, won the league with Olympiacos and had good spells with Hull and Watford.

I'd like to see how he goes when all his signings are fit, but if he does go maybe Arteta could be the man. He must have learned a lot in his time with Guadiola.
He may not want to leave City yet, but if he does who else is around that you could have a lot of faith in.

Agree with the first bit but not arteta you can’t gamble on someone un proven

Agree with the first bit but not arteta you can’t gamble on someone un proven
All successful managers were unproven at one point, but what I'm saying is that Arteta has had the very best mentor and he can apply
what he's learnt at Everton, or wherever he goes. We could go for the Pulis, Pardew, Bruce, etc type, but why would you?

What’s the common denominator in Hull, Watford and Everton’s run of bad form?

We all didn’t have the same players.

The common denominator analyst is a bit simplistic for me as you need to look at the circumstances. For example with Hull, he took over a poor Hull side locked into a relegation battle. With Watford, Everton tried to poach him and according to numerous sources Watford headed on a downward trajectory as a result. Everton's run of form is a reflection of the club itself over the past four years. Sacking a manager will not end the problems of the past for years - it will just perpetuate them.

Marco Silva's has the most important quality, which you knee jerkers, have overlooked to lead us to out of this mess.

The common denominator analyst is a bit simplistic for me as you need to look at the circumstances. For example with Hull, he took over a poor Hull side locked into a relegation battle. With Watford, Everton tried to poach him and according to numerous sources Watford headed on a downward trajectory as a result. Everton's run of form is a reflection of the club itself over the past four years. Sacking a manager will not end the problems of the past for years - it will just perpetuate them.

Marco Silva's has the most important quality, which you knee jerkers, have overlooked to lead us to out of this mess.
What is this most important quality that is being overlooked?

What is this most important quality that is being overlooked?

Not to buy poor players. He made a very big call on Richarlison when others raised their eyebrows.

We could go along the Man Utd knee jerk route where they sack a manager every season and spend millions on players without regularly securing Champions League.

He lost 50% of his games at hull and they got relegated, he lost 50% of his games at Watford and they were on a slippery slope till he got sacked.

He lost 50% of his games at hull and they got relegated, he lost 50% of his games at Watford and they were on a slippery slope till he got sacked.
The thrust of my argument is not so much Silva's management record, which I think is very good statistically, but on the subject of who Everton could
choose to replace him.

Unless it looks like he's dragging us towards a relegation battle we may as well give him the rest of the season to see if we progress. If we haven't then is the time to sack him.

But apparently koeman was in a relegation battle after he got 7 points from 7 games (while playing 4 of the top 6). Why is this suddenly different other than silva has arguably got better players and had easier fixtures.

His win record at Hull was 36.4%, and 30.8% at Watford.

But apparently koeman was in a relegation battle after he got 7 points from 7 games (while playing 4 of the top 6). Why is this suddenly different other than silva has arguably got better players and had easier fixtures.
I think Silva showed more in his first season than Koeman did. I know Koeman finished higher but he basically relied on Lukaku and Barkley. Silva's shown he can turn it around but it has to be a lot sooner than February this season.

I'm not saying Silva's good or anything but I just can't be arsed with us sacking a manager halfway through a season again unless it's getting dire.

In my opinion as soon as someone belittles Silvas management career they automatically lose the discussion.

Talk about rewriting history, fans at all his previous clubs really liked him (aside from after we approached Watford).

Top manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.