Homepage Article I still believe in Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it looks like he's dragging us towards a relegation battle we may as well give him the rest of the season to see if we progress. If we haven't then is the time to sack him.

I disagree. Everton is very much in a team building phase and a leader would look at the travel of direction where the club is heading rather than looking at short term results. What we seeing here is a bunch of knee jerkers overreacting and not having any holistic thinking..
It’s not short term results, though, is it? There were justifiable concerns about him last season and he also went on disastrous runs of form at both Hull and Watford.

He’s a very, very bad manager and it is showing.

Despite the recovery at the end of last season (Fulham apart !!) , he has massively underachieved.
Despite the new investment (yes , we missed a few targets as well) , he has had more support than any other coach around him in the table.
We have had the easiest start to a season that I can remember , and he has wasted that also.
He has also brought through none of the younger players either , unless someone can correct me.
Where is the upside in all this ?. If we are building for the future , then where are the foundations ?
Youth set up seems fine , investment seems fine, plans for the future re stadium etc ., seem fine. Coaching seems to be the failing !!

Despite the recovery at the end of last season (Fulham apart !!) , he has massively underachieved.
Despite the new investment (yes , we missed a few targets as well) , he has had more support than any other coach around him in the table.
We have had the easiest start to a season that I can remember , and he has wasted that also.
He has also brought through none of the younger players either , unless someone can correct me.
Where is the upside in all this ?. If we are building for the future , then where are the foundations ?
Youth set up seems fine , investment seems fine, plans for the future re stadium etc ., seem fine. Coaching seems to be the failing !!

I agree on the part he hasn't brought none of the younger problems. I hope he does bring them on. However, the real question is whether Everton fans will cut him slack while playing them.

Good question about the foundation. I don't think Silva is happy with the spine of his team but that's why it's important to allow him time to reverse poor signings under Koeman. Only then we can go forward.

I've lost all faith in him sadly. Not for sacking managers at the first signs of trouble, but just don't think he's the right man to take us forward. Expected us to be building on last seasons progress (towards the end) and not to start from scratch again. 11 points dropped from fixtures against Palace, Villa, Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd just isn't acceptable.

In December we've got Leicester away, Liverpool at Analfield, Chelsea at Home United Away Arsenal at home, Playing like we are now we'll lose all of them quite easily.
So he really needs to start kicking this team into gear before it gets scary.
Those are the kind of matches we quite often play reasonably or even very well in, even when we don't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.