Homepage Article I still believe in Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had 14 months to turn around a whole squad that's basically been [Poor language removed] for 3 years and had given some of the worst performances I've ever seen. Plus he inherited a squad that by 1 of the players admission were scared of playing at home. Until the last 2 it had become fortress Goodison. 4 games ago we had the 2nd best defensive record of 2019. Also we won more away games last season than previous. Yet people say hes made no progress and want him gone after a dodgy spell.

I would never wish to deter a new poster.
However , I believe you to be Marco , or one of his nearest and dearest .

I still believe for now. Last ten games of last season set the bar, and renewed faith, but this season needs to turn around. As per usual it's results against lower teams that are causing us problems, so he really needs to come up for a solution to that. If he does then I believe he can get us back in to Europe. Barring catastrophe/a really poor season, he has until next summer, and possibly the one after for me.

The last transfer window hasn't helped his cause either tbh, but I don't blame Brands for that. He is here to look after the long term running of the club, so we shouldn't expect everything he does to have immediate returns. In the short term that may hinder Silva/the team, but it should stand us well in the seasons to come, and we have to take this in to account when judging our results/the season.

He's had 14 months to turn around a whole squad that's basically been [Poor language removed] for 3 years and had given some of the worst performances I've ever seen. Plus he inherited a squad that by 1 of the players admission were scared of playing at home. Until the last 2 it had become fortress Goodison. 4 games ago we had the 2nd best defensive record of 2019. Also we won more away games last season than previous. Yet people say hes made no progress and want him gone after a dodgy spell.

Not his first dodgy spell though is it B4zza? The last one went on for approximately 2 months.

So it’s 2 steps forward since then and now another 6 back.

I've never been 100% convinced about Silva. Nothing he has done so far has meant I'm a 100% convinced he's the manager for us. That feeling has been amplified with our start to the season.

However, there's a big difference between that and getting to the point where I want him sacked.

Recently, as a club, we've lurched from one poor managerial decision to another. Whether that be sacking managers too early, appointing the wrong manager or just not having continuity in how the successive manager's footballing philosophies line up.

The club have invested in the Brands/Silva partnership. Whilst it's not going well, I don't think pushing the panic button and sacking the manager is the correct thing to do. Unless we are heading for a relegation scrap (which we aren't) then sacking the manager probably doesn't gain us much.

Any new manager appointment shouldn't be on a whim or done in the pressure situation of trying to fill the position mid-season. Let's get to the end of the season and see how things stand. It's very unlikely that any manager we want would consider moving from clubs mid-season. Also can anyone suggesting Mourinho have a word with themselves. Absolutely 0% chance he'd join Everton. In what world does Jose Mourinho view Everton as an attractive proposition? I'm all for ambition but anyone suggesting this as a feasible option looks like a complete barmpot

I've never been 100% convinced about Silva. Nothing he has done so far has meant I'm a 100% convinced he's the manager for us. That feeling has been amplified with our start to the season.

However, there's a big difference between that and getting to the point where I want him sacked.

Recently, as a club, we've lurched from one poor managerial decision to another. Whether that be sacking managers too early, appointing the wrong manager or just not having continuity in how the successive manager's footballing philosophies line up.

The club have invested in the Brands/Silva partnership. Whilst it's not going well, I don't think pushing the panic button and sacking the manager is the correct thing to do. Unless we are heading for a relegation scrap (which we aren't) then sacking the manager probably doesn't gain us much.

Any new manager appointment shouldn't be on a whim or done in the pressure situation of trying to fill the position mid-season. Let's get to the end of the season and see how things stand. It's very unlikely that any manager we want would consider moving from clubs mid-season. Also can anyone suggesting Mourinho have a word with themselves. Absolutely 0% chance he'd join Everton. In what world does Jose Mourinho view Everton as an attractive proposition? I'm all for ambition but anyone suggesting this as a feasible option looks like a complete barmpot
I agree with most of that apart from the last part of the last paragraph. If Everton want to be a big hitter and do have some money behind them then why not go for Mourinho or his caliber of coach?

Other than that, I'm starting to waive in my support of Silva. He had a whole season last year which had enough ups to counter the downs for me. This season, he needs to buck his ideas up pretty sharpish otherwise my confidence in him will soon evaporate. And I suspect that is the case for a lot of fence sitters with regards to him.

Having said all that, I do hope he will turn it around and sort out our performances and start winning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.