Homepage Article I still believe in Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have to help me out. As a mere whippersnapper of 37, I don't remember much of the 80s.

How was having the same record then seen as better than now? What is the difference? No snark, just a genuine question.

Im no good answering that as you're older than me mate!i just think football has changed and become much more tactical than what it was in decades gone by.

I think at present the top teams need not just top players but also a quality style/system to succeed more so than ever before.

I also believe modern day players are primadonna's and need alot more effective man management than players of past era's.

You have to have charisma to be able to constantly motivate multi millionaire players week in week out imo.

Im no good answering that as you're older than me mate!i just think football has changed and become much more tactical than what it was in decades gone by.

I think at present the top teams need not just top players but also a quality style/system to succeed more so than ever before.
I also believe modern day players are primadonna's and need alot more effective man management than players of past era's.

You have to have charisma to be able to constantly motivate multi millionaire players week in week out imo. I have to agree with you regarding the players. You look at city and they back quality with the workload every week.

My thoughts precisely. It's frustrating that he hasn't put it all together yet. Performances against Villa, Bournemouth and Sheffield United unacceptable, but I'm still a fan.

I look forward to various posters calling me a fool or an idiot.
Idiotic fool. Hope that helps.

You'll have to help me out. As a mere whippersnapper of 37, I don't remember much of the 80s.

How was having the same record then seen as better than now? What is the difference? No snark, just a genuine question.
Quite simple really ,they don't want constructive opinions ,much rather have their heads spinning with plots and downfalls .

Quite simple really ,they don't want constructive opinions ,much rather have their heads spinning with plots and downfalls .

Personally, I think it's more the benefit of hindsight, knowing how it turned out in the 3rd season. Obviously, I wasn't around but I can't imagine it was all rosy with the fans at the same moment in Kendall's tenure.

See also: "Three years and its still crap: Ta ra Fergie"

Silva is symptomatic of the issues we have as a club, but with English football as a whole in all honesty.

Because the money has become so important, there is so little room for creativity from a manager - boards want to see managers come in who can 'Do a Job' hence how Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew, Bruce have floated around the Prem for years. The last coach to be pushed up into a position from within a club was Darren Moore, who got the heave-ho fairly quickly.

Even here when there was chat about Arteta, people are so unsure of 'new' managers and want marquee managers. You look at the paths that German managers take and they are totally different to the ones coaching in the Prem take.

If Silva does go I'd rather we took the path less travelled and actually started to look towards building a new look Everton, actually start developing a style of play that defines us as a club, with a squad of 'Everton' players rather than some miasma of different styles. Clear everything out (all the way down to youth coaching) and start again. Build the new legacy.

He was left a bit short in the Summer in all honesty. Putting 100% faith in a 19 year old from Italy to bring in the goals and not replacing Zouma - who was easily our strongest defender. Add the loss of Gueye who has consistently been one of our better players to be replaced by a lad who had an underwhelming start albeit injured after two games.

Can't help but feel that the blame for this poor start is in equal measure Silva, Brands and the players themselves.

Silva is symptomatic of the issues we have as a club, but with English football as a whole in all honesty.

Because the money has become so important, there is so little room for creativity from a manager - boards want to see managers come in who can 'Do a Job' hence how Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew, Bruce have floated around the Prem for years. The last coach to be pushed up into a position from within a club was Darren Moore, who got the heave-ho fairly quickly.

Even here when there was chat about Arteta, people are so unsure of 'new' managers and want marquee managers. You look at the paths that German managers take and they are totally different to the ones coaching in the Prem take.

If Silva does go I'd rather we took the path less travelled and actually started to look towards building a new look Everton, actually start developing a style of play that defines us as a club, with a squad of 'Everton' players rather than some miasma of different styles. Clear everything out (all the way down to youth coaching) and start again. Build the new legacy.

Wasn't that supposed to be what Silva is for us though? Or rather, Brands?

The trouble is that as far as managers are concerned, supporters are no longer patient enough to see it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.