Homepage Article I still believe in Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's undeniable that he does some things well. The weaknesses are starting to catch up. He starts to get those figured out and we might get somewhere. It's just been awhile now and he has made little progress.

0ca0d465-f8fa-4a03-bc8a-79400c33127c_100_h_6.gif

I haven't forgotten the end of last season, unfortunately I haven't forgot mid season either, so looking at it as a whole it not good enough, 4 defeats already, sorry but he has to be on the edge, we have been awful at times.

Cant believe when I put the tooth that fell out last week under my pillow, I didnt wake up the next day and find 10p, WTF is going on

The tooth fairy repeatedly sends out who he considers his main tooth man in DCL but he misses most of the houses. Try leaving the gate and door wide open and neon light decked around the house. He may have a half a chance getting you.

Anyone still backing Silva is a fool.

Yep - everyone is entitled to an opinion but when you look at all of the damning statistics, our performances last season and this one and his in game management its completely idiotic to suggest you have faith that this fella can suddenly turn us into a top 7 side.

Its the equivalent of trying to argue blue in the face that Pep is a poor manager despite all the statistics suggesting otherwise.

I still think he has talent. Everton could well yet kill his career off but if he can ride out this storm I think the talent is undoubtedly there. We went to Anfield and put in the best performance of any side last season. Even City pretty much set up to contain there and only had the penalty chance. We went there and genuinely went toe to toe with them and could have been 2 up. The result against City didn’t go our way but again we played football against probably the best team in Europe and caused issues for them. It wasn’t just smash and grab, it was an Everton team without its full strength causing problems through how it was playing.

He’s shown he can play v top teams, he’s shown he can solve problems, he’s shown he can inspire defensive solidity and attacking prowess. He has to put it all together now consistently but in my view the raw materials are there. My view has always been that the assessment point will be at the end of the season unless relegation looks likely.

I still think he has talent. Everton could well yet kill his career off but if he can ride out this storm I think the talent is undoubtedly there. We went to Anfield and put in the best performance of any side last season. Even City pretty much set up to contain there and only had the penalty chance. We went there and genuinely went toe to toe with them and could have been 2 up. The result against City didn’t go our way but again we played football against probably the best team in Europe and caused issues for them. It wasn’t just smash and grab, it was an Everton team without its full strength causing problems through how it was playing.

He’s shown he can play v top teams, he’s shown he can solve problems, he’s shown he can inspire defensive solidity and attacking prowess. He has to put it all together now consistently but in my view the raw materials are there. My view has always been that the assessment point will be at the end of the season unless relegation looks likely.

My thoughts precisely. It's frustrating that he hasn't put it all together yet. Performances against Villa, Bournemouth and Sheffield United unacceptable, but I'm still a fan.

I look forward to various posters calling me a fool or an idiot.

I still think we're fine. Few disappointing results but we dominate possession and have chances to score (despite no descent CF). We limit opposition opportunities but have been unlucky with individual errors and opposition's only chances going in. Midfield a bit stale but we are missing what I imagine would have been our first centre mid pairing of gomes gbamin.
Don’t worry too much about who is missing, but concern yourself with the centre back pairing, there are plenty of future goals going through that gap, Silva doesn’t trust Holgate so it will be January before the gap is repaired.

Football was different back then mate.

Like comparing Dixe Dean to current centre forwards.

You'll have to help me out. As a mere whippersnapper of 37, I don't remember much of the 80s.

How was having the same record then seen as better than now? What is the difference? No snark, just a genuine question.

Status
Not open for further replies.