Homepage Article I still believe in Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Bottomley

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Everton 1-3 Man City. They came, they saw, they conquered. Dressed like a flamboyance* of Tequila Sunrises, they scored three goals and bagged three points.

Another defeat, that three in a row, right?

Well, yes. 

But “It’s another defeat” is such reductionist phrase. “It’s another defeat” removes all context, strips off layer after layer after layer of positive to get to the bad news.  I’m not having it. We watch every second of Everton in forensic detail. We don’t reduce games to W L D. We don’t turn our love for this club into a binary code. 

I’m interested in the positives, in the fact that Ederson was tested, that we created chances, that 3-1 flattered Man City.  There were parts of the match that I even enjoyed, especially a rampaging furious Seamus Coleman – a symbolic totem in games like this – whose entire transfer fee would barely cover a few days of de Bruyne’s wages...

Continue reading...

Not too worried with the defeat and performance versus City, however, Pickford’s attitude worries me. It’s the defeats at the hands of Sheffield Utd. Bournemouth and Villa that concern me and a manager who says he will not set up any differently for away games and home games. Do we really need two defensive central midfielders for home games against Watford or Sheffield Utd.?

I don’t want Silva sacked unless we have already identified and agreed terms with his replacement, but, I sincerely hope that Brands is already working on a short list.

3-1 did flatter City because it should have been about 6-1, I think the majority gave this game a free hit, This match is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things it's the Villa the Sheff United the Bournemouth that people are fuming about.
Have we forgotten about the end of last season entirely?
No but have we forgotten the Christmas period last year where Milwall also knocked us out? I agree that some views are really over the top but that's just what I expect with this fanbase these days.

I dont believe in him any more and i hope that Brands and co have a replacement lined up and pull the trigger as soon as possible. The start to this season has been unforgivable for a manager in his second season with 3 transfer windows behind him and even if he goes on a little decent run you can 100% guarantee there will be embarrassing runs again. It is who he is and it is not good enough for a club trying to get back to the upper echelons of the premier league.

We’ve seen that 17 game lull and it was sugarcoated by a few results that meant absolutely nothing. We have witnessed how bad it can get and the likelihood of it getting much better are very slim.

Unless he goes on an outrageous run (and I mean OUTRAGEOUS) I can’t see him getting us anywhere. Do we take the initiative and sack him, or do we persist with mediocrity until his contract runs out? I can’t see him lasting personally

Cant believe when I put the tooth that fell out last week under my pillow, I didnt wake up the next day and find 10p, WTF is going on

I still think we're fine. Few disappointing results but we dominate possession and have chances to score (despite no descent CF). We limit opposition opportunities but have been unlucky with individual errors and opposition's only chances going in. Midfield a bit stale but we are missing what I imagine would have been our first centre mid pairing of gomes gbamin.

I still think we're fine. Few disappointing results but we dominate possession and have chances to score (despite no descent CF). We limit opposition opportunities but have been unlucky with individual errors and opposition's only chances going in. Midfield a bit stale but we are missing what I imagine would have been our first centre mid pairing of gomes gbamin.

Our shots on targets to the amount of possession we have in games is diabolical mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.