Everton Youth Teams Thread

Gordon reminds me of when Antony Evans came through.
You thinking about the hype? Evans was only 16 when he hit all those goals , got hyped up and faded a bit. The similarities for me was that Gordon was also a decent 16 year old who was also well thought of, but his progress has been more sustained, apart from the injuries.

You thinking about the hype? Evans was only 16 when he hit all those goals , got hyped up and faded a bit. The similarities for me was that Gordon was also a decent 16 year old who was also well thought of, but his progress has been more sustained, apart from the injuries.

Yeh hype not necessarily talent. Think people just need to be patient.

Talented attacking 18-year old with skills and a penchant for the special.

Might be a certain gulf between them I'm just saying the hype was similar at the time - in my eyes - and look how that worked out.

...you’re right about them being similar talented types. Evans still has that bit of magic in his boots, surprising he never impressed and struggled for game at the likes of Fleetwood. He’ll be gone at the end of the season, although there must be a chance somebody takes a punt on him in January.

...you’re right about them being similar talented types. Evans still has that bit of magic in his boots, surprising he never impressed and struggled for game at the likes of Fleetwood. He’ll be gone at the end of the season, although there must be a chance somebody takes a punt on him in January.

That's why I preach patience with Gordon. It's easy enough to say "loan him out" but we've seen just how many failed loans we've had where teams can't guarantee sufficient playtime.

I actually think it highlights a missed oppurtunity with a link up with Brands' former team PSV as he'd get minutes and a great education over there for a season.

Everton u18s v Sunderland in Premier League Cup 12.30pm ko

McIntyre, Hughes, Dylan Thompson, Hosie, Lowey, Welch, Onyango, Higgins, Warrington, Dobbin, Cannon
Subs McAllister, Hagan, Kouyate, Barrett, Jonathan Anderson
Everton 1-0 - Onyango on 40mins- Hughes great free-kick to Onyango who taps in

Half Time Everton u18s 1-0

Last edited:

Everton u18s v Sunderland in Premier League Cup 12.30pm ko

McIntyre, Hughes, Dylan Thompson, Hosie, Lowey, Welch, Onyango, Higgins, Warrington, Dobbin, Cannon
Subs McAllister, Hagan, Kouyate, Barrett, Jonathan Anderson
That has got to be one of the youngest u18 teams we’ve started in recent years, only two 2nd years starting , to keep up their winning ways is really incredible , you have to hand it to Paul Tait and his coaches virtually a complete new team from last year .

That has got to be one of the youngest u18 teams we’ve started in recent years, only two 2nd years starting , to keep up their winning ways is really incredible , you have to hand it to Paul Tait and his coaches virtually a complete new team from last year .
Just hope our academy transfer ban isn’t going to hinder our progress next year. As always with these young academy players, credit must go to the scouts (for recognising their talent) and coaches for developing it.