Homepage Article Let’s get ‘Up for the Cup’

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
The great Jimmy Greaves repeatedly said about football, “it’s a funny old game” and he was right.

For Evertonians though, the early weeks of this new season have been more a period of frustration than amusement as the teams stuttering form in the Premier League is again testing supporters patience with players and the manager.

Positive signs of a fighting spirit in the victory over Wolves after the disappointment of losing at Villa Park were dispelled by the capitulation at Bournemouth and the surrendering of a six game, home winning streak to Sheffield United. These reversals saw many voice concerns over the ability of Marco Silva to take our club forward and back to where we all yearn to be, challenging for silverware, titles, trophies.

In between, we saw a rare come-from-behind win against Lincoln City in the Carabao Cup and last Tuesday, chastised by the manager not to go into hiding, Everton raced out of the blocks to overcome Sheffield Wednesday in the same...

Continue reading...

We will be Andy mate, they can never look at a "lack of support"from our supporters in any competition they are in, the question is, have they the "cajones"for this?:)

....I remember some years ago in similarly barren days when Eamon O’Keefe (I think) scored a goal in the latter stages of the League Cup and the atmosphere that night was electric.

I imagine the crowd will be well up for the Watford game.

The competition this year looks strong but these tournaments can truly open up and we can genuinely win it, especially if we hang in whilst our form is poor.

....I remember some years ago in similarly barren days when Eamon O’Keefe (I think) scored a goal in the latter stages of the League Cup and the atmosphere that night was electric.

I imagine the crowd will be well up for the Watford game.

The competition this year looks strong but these tournaments can truly open up and we can genuinely win it, especially if we hang in whilst our form is poor.
At the risk of incurring @Eggs wrath;) lol Wasn't that the Southampton FA Cup replay in 1981?

I'm always up for every competition we enter, for a club that has won zip since '95 we can't afford not to take these competitions seriously. I despair at clubs fielding weak sides in this competition, you're handing it to the elite on a plate cos their second strings are like most 1st teams.

I would love to win the Carabao, we have never won it in any of its guises.

Status
Not open for further replies.