Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start getting out of the notion of the whole oh we won so that Is all the matters mindset onto the next match lalalalla

Yeah that is fine to say if it’s one bad blip in 10 or something games

When every win is narrow and off the back of a poor performance then thet is worrying

Against Lincoln we looked poor at times And had to finish them off in the last 20 mins

Against sheff wed we won 2-0 away from home which is great but we were hardly dominant and they had as many shots as we did. They rested 8 players and a midtable championship side. If we won 1-0 but were dominant in our all around play and their keeper played a blinder then I would be much happier than a poor 2-0 win that was decided in a poor 10 min spell at the start of the game.

You look at liverpool and city they don’t sit on their leads when they score. They aim to score 5 or 6 goals per game. They are relentless they don’t allow their opponent to have a good spell in the game.

At the end of the day you can argue that results are the only thing that matter but to some degree so do performances

If results were the only thing that mattered then there was no reason to sack Sam allardyce as he exceeded his expectations

Went to Hillsborough last night top turn out as always thumbs down to their concourse which was only serving Johns and wine by half time :rant:

As for the match we stunned them with a fast start played the ball around with purpose generally. However, very concerning the shape of the side was still a very rigid 4 2 3 1 I thought with Iwobi at 10 we would see more positional interchanges but it just doesn’t seem to happen. Credit to Calvert-Lewin whether long term he’s got the quality I’m not sure but he’s the only man that looks comfortable down the middle right now shame Kean wasn’t given 15 minutes. Sidibe looks like he’ll be the first choice RB he’s got the mobility Coleman’s sadly lost.

Totally agree with the concern on defending set pieces they had three sitters from corners we got very lucky.

Davies struggled.
He did but he at least offers more than Schneiderlin I think by occasionally looking in front of him, by the way five bags of crisps(greedy git me!!) was my only option at half time as I was starving and could only pay by cardlollollol

That was the main thing I took from the highlights too. Alarming lack of concentration at the back. Delph in particular - expect better from someone with his experience.

It is alarming but then corollary is maybe such an experienced player looks so clueless because the tactics and strategy at setpieces from the manager is poor.

I guess we'll probably never find out

We need to start getting out of the notion of the whole oh we won so that Is all the matters mindset onto the next match lalalalla

Yeah that is fine to say if it’s one bad blip in 10 or something games

When every win is narrow and off the back of a poor performance then thet is worrying

Against Lincoln we looked poor at times And had to finish them off in the last 20 mins

Against sheff wed we won 2-0 away from home which is great but we were hardly dominant and they had as many shots as we did. They rested 8 players and a midtable championship side. If we won 1-0 but were dominant in our all around play and their keeper played a blinder then I would be much happier than a poor 2-0 win that was decided in a poor 10 min spell at the start of the game.

You look at liverpool and city they don’t sit on their leads when they score. They aim to score 5 or 6 goals per game. They are relentless they don’t allow their opponent to have a good spell in the game.

At the end of the day you can argue that results are the only thing that matter but to some degree so do performances

If results were the only thing that mattered then there was no reason to sack Sam allardyce as he exceeded his expectations

Yep, it's the performances that worry me, massive parts of games where we are awful, can't string anything together, long spells without testing the keeper, huge lapses in concentration defensively, same rigid formation, same approach every game, not stringing 90 minutes together.

He did but he at least offers more than Schneiderlin I think by occasionally looking in front of him, by the way five bags of crisps(greedy git me!!) was my only option at half time as I was starving and could only pay by cardlollollol

Were they nice crisps though Dario lol

I remember going to Lincoln away in the league Cup years ago with only a bottle of Co ops own Lemonade and Co ops own 6 bag of crisps for company lol

Was absolutely starving the whole afternoon and evening

Actually watching the highlights and it's pretty grim. Literally any quality on their half and we would have been in massive trouble
Before the match the Shef. Wed. fans were annoyed and saying they had their 'Team C' out. For me this result does nothing to improve how I feel about Silva's Everton.

Were they nice crisps though Dario lol

I remember going to Lincoln away in the league Cup years ago with only a bottle of Co ops own Lemonade and Co ops own 6 bag of crisps for company lol

Was absolutely starving the whole afternoon and evening
I didn't care at that point macca,gave my mate one bag and scoffed the other four,when you gotta eat,you gotta eat!!! lol lol lol

Agree with other posters that our defending at set-pieces is crap and was actually poor against Wednesday.

And I think it gets accentuated whenever Holgate plays central defence. He is weak in the air and does not attack the ball.

We got away with it - just- against Wednesday who missed a couple of standard headers but watch City try to take advantage on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.