Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said you didn't care about the game tonight I think

Nope I said its hard to get excited by the result because we simply cant defend set pieces and lose any game we go behind in - you may think we magically will get to the final never conceeding another corner or going behind but realistically we will face some tough sides the further we get.

My opinion hasnt changed - if we are to win something this season the manager needs to go.

SILVA

It was really important for us to start the game. Our first-half was good. We were the best team in the first-half. Second-half...we spoke about scoring the third goal to kill the game. We controlled the game and deserved the win."

GARY MONK

You are always disappointed not to get the result but there were some very positive things for us tonight. The difference was taking the chances. I thought we competed really well and if we could have been more clinical it may have been a different story

We played with quality at times but didn’t take the chances, however, there have been a lot of good things to come out of this game

There were lots of good things and some of those lads haven’t had a lot of minutes. I wanted to have a look at some of them for the first time and I thought we competed so well

The commitment and mentality was there and we’ll take forward a lot of things from today. They should take a lot of belief. We have created good chances in all the games we have played

You can do it all you want on the training pitch but the truth is always in the games and how you play. I’m delighted with the quality tonight. It offers a lot of food for thought. It’s not about 11 players, that squad will be needed and they all need to be ready

Last edited:
Job done. First half men v boys. Second half was like a ore season friendly. Passing around and pure boredom. Bernard was outstanding. Funnily enough DCL will rightly so get the headlines for a cracker of a first goal but actually he did very little for 80 minutes

Positives tonight. Defence was better Holgate played well. Delph was outstanding.
Iwobi had a very poor game as the number 10 and Davies did very little to suggest he will be in the team at any point soon.

In to the hat. Crawley home please

If we are lucky enough to have a 1-0 lead at half against City (I actually think we could manage this) and let off the gas like we did in the second half today, best believe we will lose by 5 goals (I definitely think we could manage this.)

1at half Dom could've had 4. Bit sloppy in midfield and Wednesday could've easily had 2 themselves.

2nd half, Wednesday hussled better cut through our midfield pretty easy but didn't have anything in the final 3rd bar one set piece they should've scored from.

We were poor 2nd half. Sloppy in attack. Didn't really get near their box much. Richarlison anonymous. Iwobi a bit hit and miss.

The midfield 2 definitely needs binning. Clearly could see how 3 passes from the opposing defence can lead to attacks against us. Delph and Davies didn't get near anyone really the 2nd half either.

Having a 4 man attack really doesn't work when they're not all effective.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.