Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye you’re right. Was thinking this one:

Here’s the team for the one you seen.

*shudders

What a double pumping. Always felt we would have gone the same way as them if we’d have been relegated at that time
A Game i didnt forget as i was playing Footy with my cousin in the house lol,and smashed the window,then we tried to sneak into the game the last 10 or so mins when they opened up to let people leave

These are special opponents for me. My grandad was a Sheff Wed supporter and moved to Liverpool at the end of the Great War and became a passionate Evertonian. He started taking me to Goodison when I was a little lad in the early 1950's. I suppose they're my second club. Grandad died just before the 1966
FA Cup Final and I still get a lump in my throat when I think about it all.
We'll probably win, but we might not. That's the way things are with us at the moment.

Only true 80s kids remember the real Walker/Angell heyday of the true Everton.

No matter how bad people think DCL & Silva et al are, they will never be Mike Walker and Brett Angell bad. That's something for us to be happy about, right?

The 80s was a lot more tolerable , only having four telly stations and a league winning footy team had that effect ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.