Homepage Article Crisis? What Crisis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Marco Silva reckons Everton are treated harshly and routinely singled out.

In a piece with The Guardian, Marco Silva is quoted as saying: “In my opinion it is so easy to create a crisis inside Everton football club”

Marco Silva then went on to compare Everton’s point tally with the rest of the league, and although he was coy on why he believed his club was held under greater scrutiny than others, he did hint at Farhad Moshiri’s involvement.

“I know why but it is not my job to talk about that. I look at the table now and you have first position and then the second-placed team with 10 points. After that there’s a big group with eight points and a big group with seven points. Some of those teams on eight points prepared the season to be champion and I hear they are doing a fantastic season.

A-F, grade Everton's start to the 19/20 season…C.Palace 0-0...

Continue reading...

I do think he is right it is the bias toward Liverpool F.C. and then obviously the bias against their city rivals .That and the fact that a lot of the commentators/pundits have played( in the loosest term possible ) for them .Plus the inherent bias toward the city and hey presto job's a good'un.Not that I am bitter in any way but it was the same when we were successful -we were never the favourite of the press .

I do think he is right it is the bias toward Liverpool F.C. and then obviously the bias against their city rivals .That and the fact that a lot of the commentators/pundits have played( in the loosest term possible ) for them .Plus the inherent bias toward the city and hey presto job's a good'un.Not that I am bitter in any way but it was the same when we were successful -we were never the favourite of the press .
Easy to try and move the blame
As Silva quotes it is inside Everton, so Nothing to do with outside influences

Maybe because you've spent £200 million in 2 seasons you clown and other teams around you (including Arsenal and Spurs) have spent alot less than that.

With big money comes big expectations and with big expectations comes bigger media scrutiny.

This was always the problem appointing a "gamble" low level manager - they cant deal with the high expectations that come with money look at Moyes at Utd when it wasn't the good times of no pressure under Kenwrong.

Hurry up and go get Jose before Wolves sack Santo and use Mendes to get him in.

Although tbf to him Brands massively failed him not getting a good striker in.

Haller and Wilson available and we overlooked both last season and both have netted 3 in 6 and 4 in 6 respectively so far this season - whereas we have a 19 year old kid and DCL.

We've been two wins in a row away from a really good start imo. It's just unfortunate the one of the games is always away from home lol

Losses are acceptable but the way we performed at Villa and Bournemouth is nothing short of a disgrace, I accept Everton will lose games, I nearly fell asleep watching us against B'mouth we don't DO ANYTHING with the ball, It's the same pass to the Digne garbage and let him put a 9.5/10 cross in and no one gets on the end of it.
I hate it.

Losses are acceptable but the way we performed at Villa and Bournemouth is nothing short of a disgrace, I accept Everton will lose games, I nearly fell asleep watching us against B'mouth we don't DO ANYTHING with the ball, It's the same pass to the Digne garbage and let him put a 9.5/10 cross in and no one gets on the end of it.
I hate it.
Some of the football we played last 10 games last season was a joy to watch.
Haven't started well this season yet but as the opening post suggests there are a lot of overreactions too.
Bar the rs every team has looked ordinary on occasion

Some of the football we played last 10 games last season was a joy to watch.
Haven't started well this season yet but as the opening post suggests there are a lot of overreactions too.
Bar the rs every team has looked ordinary on occasion
I don't think we've played well once at all yet and losing to very below average squads in Villa and Bournemouth is a cause for concern, If we played well and still lost both of them I'd be fine with that it happens but we look so lost and void of any creativity/enthusiasm.

I don't think we've played well once at all yet and losing to very below average squads in Villa and Bournemouth is a cause for concern, If we played well and still lost both of them I'd be fine with that it happens but we look so lost and void of any creativity/enthusiasm.
We played well in patches . But its early days . If we are still as poor in 6 games then maybe time to panic.

Maybe because you've spent £200 million in 2 seasons you clown and other teams around you (including Arsenal and Spurs) have spent alot less than that.

With big money comes big expectations and with big expectations comes bigger media scrutiny.

This was always the problem appointing a "gamble" low level manager - they cant deal with the high expectations that come with money look at Moyes at Utd when it wasn't the good times of no pressure under Kenwrong.

Hurry up and go get Jose before Wolves sack Santo and use Mendes to get him in.

Dropped the We have we?

Status
Not open for further replies.