Homepage Article Marco Silva Bemoans “Lack Of Focus”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its only September why are we worried about Charismas - thats not until December?

giphy.gif

Marco talks more rubbish then Sam and Martinez ever did.
I beg to differ : Martinez on Niasse.

"We're very pleased to bring Oumar because we've been tracking him for a long time," said Niasse's new manager.
"He is going bring something completely different from anything of our attacking players. He had a real desire to join us, he has incredible hunger and will fit into our dressing room."
"He's not back-up for anyone, he's got his own ability, his own conditions, he is someone who can stretch defenders, he can cope with the physicality of the Premier league straight away.
"We need to get him back to full fitness as quick as we can.
"If you look at the amount of assists rather than the goals he scores he is a striker that can fit in different formations."

Marco talks more rubbish then Sam and Martinez ever did.

He's not even close to reaching Martinez levels of delusion. Marco doesn't tell lies in interviews or press conferences like Martinez did, but he doesn't take personal responsibility for anything (which was a Fat Sam trait) which can be very annoying.

I would like him to listen to him explain why he starts Calvert-Lewin, why he seems to have excommunicated players like Tosun and even Davies, his thoughts on why total zonal marking is the superior defensive system for set-plays in his mind etc. - if he came out and explained himself then I might understand better or even agree with him.

Of course, a lot of this is also due to the appalling standards of journalism never asking any pertinent questions.

Dear heavens, the team was completely dominant in the second half. Bournemouth had literally 2 chances, both of which were due to terrible individual mistakes. Marco put them all in a GREAT position to succeed and they didn't. You can argue not playing DCL, but he scored. You can argue Davies, but Morgan Schneiderlin barely took a wrong step all day - think he literally didn't have a single bad touch, nor did he get dispossessed once. Against a counter attacking team, I don't want Davies in there giving the ball away. The players have to do better. Iwobi has a bazillion chances today. Digne's crossing was terrible and he had chance after chance. Sigurdsson did nothing and probably needs to sit. But the 20 minutes starting the second half was as good as we've looked all year, with the possible exception of the first 20 against Villa where Marco had us set up PERFECTLY until once again, individual error.

Honestly, the talent just isn't better than 7th and is still pretty weak in the midfield, more like bottom third. Marco isn't perfect, but he ain't the problem.

Hard too make a wrong step and make a bad touch when you're literally just standing there in your own half knocking 2 yard balls sideways.

Hard too make a wrong step and make a bad touch when you're literally just standing there in your own half knocking 2 yard balls sideways.
Delph did and didn't pass it forward any more than Schneiderlin did relative to the touches he got. But he screamed and swore at his teammates, so it's okay that he knocked the ball in his own net. I don't like the guy either, but he was good and not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.