Homepage Article Marco Silva Bemoans “Lack Of Focus”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its your job to get them motivated and focused so get it effing sorted. On your second season now and the only sort of consistency we see from you and the team is consistently inconsistent and frustrating as hell. Getting hard to even bring myself to watch an Everton game already and we are only 5 games into this season ffs.

Bournemouth, for one. The team that just beat us today.
Bournemouth have as many as us I believe. Lerma, King, Billing, Ake, Fraser, Wilson, Mepham, Surman. We've got Richy, Digne, Iwobi, Mina, Keane, Coleman, Siggy, JPG, Pickford, not sure who else. Kean a couple times, but you could say that for Wilson and others, too.

Dear heavens, the team was completely dominant in the second half. Bournemouth had literally 2 chances, both of which were due to terrible individual mistakes. Marco put them all in a GREAT position to succeed and they didn't. You can argue not playing DCL, but he scored. You can argue Davies, but Morgan Schneiderlin barely took a wrong step all day - think he literally didn't have a single bad touch, nor did he get dispossessed once. Against a counter attacking team, I don't want Davies in there giving the ball away. The players have to do better. Iwobi has a bazillion chances today. Digne's crossing was terrible and he had chance after chance. Sigurdsson did nothing and probably needs to sit. But the 20 minutes starting the second half was as good as we've looked all year, with the possible exception of the first 20 against Villa where Marco had us set up PERFECTLY until once again, individual error.

Honestly, the talent just isn't better than 7th and is still pretty weak in the midfield, more like bottom third. Marco isn't perfect, but he ain't the problem.

Dear heavens, the team was completely dominant in the second half. Bournemouth had literally 2 chances, both of which were due to terrible individual mistakes. Marco put them all in a GREAT position to succeed and they didn't. You can argue not playing DCL, but he scored. You can argue Davies, but Morgan Schneiderlin barely took a wrong step all day - think he literally didn't have a single bad touch, nor did he get dispossessed once. Against a counter attacking team, I don't want Davies in there giving the ball away. The players have to do better. Iwobi has a bazillion chances today. Digne's crossing was terrible and he had chance after chance. Sigurdsson did nothing and probably needs to sit. But the 20 minutes starting the second half was as good as we've looked all year, with the possible exception of the first 20 against Villa where Marco had us set up PERFECTLY until once again, individual error.

Honestly, the talent just isn't better than 7th and is still pretty weak in the midfield, more like bottom third. Marco isn't perfect, but he ain't the problem.

We weren’t, not one bit. Having possession and arse farting around with it does not equal dominance

Oh great.

Another we won the passing post.

Marco should focus on his own lack of focus, sitting in the dugout with a hangdog expression and his head down whilst things are going tits up on the pitch.
If he feels that some of his players lack focus then it is his job to address the issue, personally I am more concerned with the lack of bottle displayed by some players.

It was individual errors that cost us yesterday, but that's due to a lack of resilience. We've been losing nearly all of our away games for years, and we need a mentally strong character as coach to turn it around, not a whinger who stares at the floor feeling sorry for himself. I hate the gurning idiot over the park, but what do you think he would have done after that 2nd goal went in? He would have jumped on to the touchline and started yelling and gesticulating at the players to put a better shift in.

Status
Not open for further replies.