New Everton Stadium Discussion

There not going for 60k because we wouldn't fill it.
It looks stupid for a home game when there are 10,000 empty seats.

Plus a lot of fans can barley afford the season ticket hence the low prices and concessions.
The top 6 have people jetting in from all over the world and the only way they can get tickets is through hospitality, a lot of companies also wine and dine their clients there.
We're not at that level.

Empty seats also means tickets for big games going on general sale and membership numbers going down.

The club isn't stupid they know exactly what the demand is

Frankly you are making an assumption about future demand which is based on failure. Maybe today we cannot fill a 60,000 stadium
regularly but if we win things then demand will increase. When I was a kid the idea that LFC would be bigger than EFC was a long-shot,
well, it happened.

Moshiri is building a stadium for generations and spending big money on players. Why should he box himself in with a small ground?

Juventus stadium capacity is 40k

Just saying...

For what it's worth though mate I do agree that 52k is around 4/5k short for my liking.

Fair point.

However, Juventus is nearly sold out every match, it costs about 90 euros to get in as a walk-up spectator, and your
name has to be on the ticket.

The result of a small capacity is high prices for a limited segment of the fan base. Ordinary people are just priced out.
Unless you are a season ticket holder then regulation kills the experience. No longer can you bring your wife along
for the odd game.

I want to walk up to the ground, pay about 35 quid, and stand to watch the game. That could happen with 60,000 plus;
it might not happen with 52,000 when EFC are winning things. The Juventus approach is a possibility but it is based purely on
financial metrics but Bramley Dock can be so much more, a big ground devised for the entire fan base just as Archibald Leitch deigned
Goodison Park.

No longer can you bring your wife along for the odd game
wthbs.gif

Frankly you are making an assumption about future demand which is based on failure. Maybe today we cannot fill a 60,000 stadium
regularly but if we win things then demand will increase. When I was a kid the idea that LFC would be bigger than EFC was a long-shot,
well, it happened.

Moshiri is building a stadium for generations and spending big money on players. Why should he box himself in with a small ground?
We won't win things until we get a manager that has a history of winning things with big teams, a new stadium won't change that.

Moshiri is spending big money on players that can't get into the top 6, there coming here for the money.

We won't win things until we get a manager that has a history of winning things with big teams, a new stadium won't change that.

Moshiri is spending big money on players that can't get into the top 6, there coming here for the money.
Sad but true. Bar Digne and Richarlison, I don’t think any other players in our squad would get in a top 4 team.

I'm not convinced by the presumption that we won't be attractive to corporates paying premium dollars for seats.

If the Goodison legacy walks the walk, does what it says on the tin, they'll be lining up.
Along with what has already been established by EITC, the social capital generated by the club makes Everton an enormously attractive brand to be associated with. This all is tangible stuff - in dollars terms its as real and genuine as the work the club is doing in the community.
Throw in BMD as a unique, iconic building which will be architecturally recognised all round the world and the atmosphere of packed stadium on matchdays and they'll be clamoring to be a part of it

It might seem sleazy or distasteful but those corporate dollars are going to keep these projects going and reach greater heights...and as an afterthought might generate dollars to buy players too.

Maybe its not registering how significant and revolutionary the Legacy and EITC are.
And the location close to the centre will boost corporate.

I really hope we fully utilise the Mersey as a means to get people to and from the ground. Both over the water and maybe a boat going up from the Albert docks area to the ground

I see. So we need to skip past the Liverpool model and go straight to the Man City one. I like the sound of that chief!

And the location close to the centre will boost corporate.

I really hope we fully utilise the Mersey as a means to get people to and from the ground. Both over the water and maybe a boat going up from the Albert docks area to the ground
That would be sensible.
I think they use the canal that runs close to Old Trafford to transport fans.
This would be a private enterprise ofcourse and Im sure some brightspark could convert a barge/s to carry match going fans from the Pier Head direct to BMD using the canal.