Match Thread Lincoln City vs Everton - Carabao Cup, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather not concede 2 to a league 1 side....but grabbing 4 goals has to be a confidence boost. And two goals in open play at last.
Have always wanted to go to Sheff Wed as never got there when they were in the top division. We should get a good allocation.

If I'm being optimistic I'll say that we just needed to see the ball go in the back of the net a few times for the constipation in front of goal to be evacuated...in other words there's no reason we should be struggling to score, and often it just takes scoring to free a team up.

That's the positive spin. I'll leave it there because I hate negativity. Work to be done, but we got through and scored 4 so I'll take it.

Couldn't get to watch it until the 60th.
How did Delph go? Defence, passing, tempo?

With Digne dominant, Iwobi's movement looked good, popping up in the right places, nearly had two.
Seems to bring a good spirit to the side.

Winning trophies aside, god do we need these cup games. Will give us a lot in terms of progress, if we can just stay in them.

Couldn't get to watch it until the 60th.
How did Delph go? Defence, passing, tempo?

With Digne dominant, Iwobi's movement looked good, popping up in the right places, nearly had two.
Seems to bring a good spirit to the side.

Winning trophies aside, god do we need these cup games. Will give us a lot in terms of progress, if we can just stay in them.
Delph was excellent tonight.
Overhit a few longer passes but otherwise always on the move and trying to push us forward .Very good debut.

I hope that will give the team/squad some confidence and belief for what will be another tough game on Sunday.

We need to get on a roll. Confidence breeds belief and that will get results.

Come on the Toffees!!

why does every lower league team have a big grock up front and someone who can rocket launch the ball from a throw in ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.