Homepage Article Marco Silva’s Bernard Demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Marco Silva has reiterated his desire to see more goals from Bernard.

Bernard, who conjured up just 5 shots on goal in 34 appearances during last season, scored the decisive goal in Everton’s 1-0 victory over Watford on Saturday and Marco Silva is keen for the Brazilian to be more hungry to score.

Silva told evertontv: “It is something I am demanding every single day from him,”

“We know Bernard is a player with high technical quality, giving us very good things and providing assists.

“But I want him to be more hungry to score.

“In some moments – it is maybe not the right word – I want him to be more selfish.

“He did that on Saturday – it was a really important moment for us and for Bernard...

Continue reading...

....setting targets, keeping players on their toes.
Said last week the arrival of Iwobi could have a positive affect on Bernard as he has serious competition for his place now. Class act, he has the ability to score more goals and assists though. With Kean in the team he’ll get even more space, as jeans workrate and movement will pull defenders out of position for the likes of Richarlison and Bernard to exploit.

Said last week the arrival of Iwobi could have a positive affect on Bernard as he has serious competition for his place now. Class act, he has the ability to score more goals and assists though. With Kean in the team he’ll get even more space, as jeans workrate and movement will pull defenders out of position for the likes of Richarlison and Bernard to exploit.

....as i’ve said, Bernard and Iwobi are options that will help Silva manage games.

He likes players who are comfortable in possession, confident in their own ability to keep the ball, especially away from home and against the best opposition - Bernard.

Silva wants direct running power to transition from defence to attack, to provide a threat, to create and score goals - Iwobi.

Depending on the situation of a game, depending on the opposition, he will use both players. When Silva says he wants 2 in every position, he doesn’t necessarily want clones, he wants options.

Last edited:

....as i’ve said, Bernard and Iwobi are options that will help Silva manage games.

He likes players who are comfortable in possession, confident in their own ability to keep the ball, especially away from home and against the best opposition - Bernard.

Silva wants direct running power to transition from defence to attack, to provide a threat, to create and score goals - Iwobi.

Depending on the situation of a game, depending on the opposition, he will use both players. When Silva says he wants 2 in every position, he doesn’t necessarily want clones, he wants options.
Think Iwobi will be better suited to the villa game. The onus is on villa to attack, Iwobi would exploit that space in behind. I think we’ll see Everton playing more on the counter attack this Friday. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Kean start to use his pace also.

Hopefully someone’s just convinced him that he’s already perfectly adapted to the league, most of the defenders in it are actually gash and to just run at them and go for goal.

can we have a silva outburst on Doesn't Create Loads too please

Bernard onlky managing 5 shots in 34 games last season ??!! I knew it was bad, but that is actually horrific

Status
Not open for further replies.