Homepage Article Marco Silva’s Pre Watford Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Marco Silva has confirmed Fabian Delph will miss Saturdays fixture with Watford and Andre Gomes remains a doubt.

Transfer Update

” Morgan Schneiderlin, if he is linked with other clubs, it is not important to me.“Morgan is part of our squad. When I finished the squad last Thursday, he will be here until the end, until January, with all of them.“We have Morgan and JP [Gbamin] for that position.“It is not the position to talk about Kevin and Niasse. You know my opinion on them. The market is open and it is possible something could happen.”

Iwobi Latest

“Now it’s a matter for us to put him in the best physical condition possible.“He’s working really hard and well. It’s up to me whether I put Alex in the squad tomorrow.”

Stronger Squad?

“It’s a different squad. I have not said it is stronger or better. We have to prove that during the season.“We signed good, important players but lost a very important player.“We are not comparing one squad with...

Continue reading...

I love how Silva refuses to say the squad is stronger.

He and we all know failure to bring in a CB and CM has left us short never mind the Zaha saga.

Bet there is tension between him and Brands - disharmony in the ranks at this stage is never good.

It would be natural and healthy for some tension to exist between them. It should be Brands that ultimately decides on Silva's future here. Despite the spin put on it, they are not equals at the club. We don't want them agreeing on everything and no two people can.

There are some gaps in the squad that haven't been addressed but we just have to get on with it now. I assume Silva is unhappy with that but it's a leap to say that he would attribute blame to Brands.

At CB, we most definitely should have got someone in and it's a failure they didn't. But ultimately if Brands did not want Rojo, for instance, on a permanent, and Utd did not want to sanction a loan, then it's his call to make whether or not Silva agrees. I really wanted us to get someone in but by the same token, not just anybody under any circumstances.

It would be natural and healthy for some tension to exist between them. It should be Brands that ultimately decides on Silva's future here. Despite the spin put on it, they are not equals at the club. We don't want them agreeing on everything and no two people can.

There are some gaps in the squad that haven't been addressed but we just have to get on with it now. I assume Silva is unhappy with that but it's a leap to say that he would attribute blame to Brands.

At CB, we most definitely should have got someone in and it's a failure they didn't. But ultimately if Brands did not want Rojo, for instance, on a permanent, and Utd did not want to sanction a loan, then it's his call to make whether or not Silva agrees. I really wanted us to get someone in but by the same token, not just anybody under any circumstances.
Well said although would disagree the CB thing as their failure. To paraphrase Brands, there no use getting someone bang average for the sake of it. Sure we just end up with another freeloader. Would much rather see if Holgate and Gibson can step it up until we get our man.

It is what it is and the last transfer market all round was poor, not much on offer and certainly not at the prices asked.
And personally, I'd like to see what Silva can do with what he's got. Has he got the makings of a top six manager?

I think Silva was just being coy.

It would be easy to argue that theres little excuse for him to not improve on last season. He swapped CBs, and maybe has a downgrade at DM. But hes got a much better striker, better winger, stronger depth in midfield and by season end a better RB. If you improve 4 positions and downgrade 1, you have a stronger squad and unless the players themselves are outright failures, anything short of a strong charge for 6th would be poor.

He was right though. There is no evidence we are stronger when we have played one game all season.

We could turn out to be but cannot make that statement yet. Need to see it week in week out on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.