Sportspesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradleyk17

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
After watching the Ross Kemp programme regarding betting addiction and the problems what people go through due to it, I think it's terrible we are letting ourselves be sponsored by Sportspesa, especially with all the work we have done in the community.

It's cheap of the club choosing this cause they are the highest bidder.

I think the we as fans should be pushing for a change of sponsor sooner rather than later.

This is even with all the trouble in Kenya currently going on with them.

....slight conflict of interest for me because I like a bet, but I accept it can be problematic for some. It’s probably a matter of time before betting advertising goes the way of booze and tobacco adverts.

When the fun stops, stop.

I’ve had a free everton home top and two free tickets to a lounge in the ground for this game this weekend all from 30 quids worth of bets on sportpesa site. Cheers sportpesa.

Haven’t put anymore money into the site. Am guessing this is why they do these raffles to get people to bet and keep betting with them, however I have my gambling well under control.

I get your point though and see many shows on the box about peoples live being ruined. Addictions are crap.

Sky Sports is just a vehicle for SkyBet these days.

It's why they can buy everything up.
They make more money from the betting than they do from subscriptions.
It's one of the reasons that the commentators spew out so many statistics during events. For the in-play betting.

But yeah. Not a big fan of having them on the shirts.

I was completely against the FOBT restrictions and on any attempt to restrict personal freedom of choice.

Just because some people have gambling problems doesn't mean everyone should suffer/clubs cant be sponsered by betting firms.

Nanny state strikes again iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.